01 September 2008

Just gotta say...


ROLL TIDE!


A picture says a thousand words.

(Picture from the AJC.)



I'll be talking football in a bit, but first I have to talk about my BEAUTIFUL great-niece, Maggie Beth. :)

We didn't go north Friday like we'd planned because John was tired when he got home from work, and he just didn't want to drive 3 hours. We got up EARLY Saturday instead. As soon as we got to Danny and Linda's, I washed my hands and grabbed Maggie Beth away from her Uncle John (he got to hold her for maybe 5 minutes), and I didn't give her up until she was ready for her lunchtime bottle. She is an absolutely beautiful baby, and she was so good. Amy said she's been sleeping very well--from around 11:00 or so until about 3:30 and then until about 6:30. She snoozed the whole time we were there. She was so relaxed, she was like a rag-doll. Oh, to be that relaxed! I was going to lay her on my lap once, but she was all stretched out and she wouldn't fit. It looks like she's gonna be a tall young lady. Will is such a great big brother. He loves to kiss her and hold her. She's one lucky little girl. I can't wait to get back up to see her again! It's going to be so much fun to do girl stuff with her. :) Amy looked great, too. She certainly didn't look like she'd had a C-section just 8 days earlier.

We got out to the lake about 3. With it being game day, we did Rotel dip and brats for dinner. Talk about good! YUM!

The game was awesome. We were so impressed with the way the team played and with the poise they showed. John Parker looked like a different quarterback from the last couple of years; our freshmen didn't seem fazed by playing in front of almost 71,000 people, not to mention the millions who were watching on TV; our defense, which is brand new for the most part, shut down "thunder and lightning". I HOPE that game is a sign of things to come.

Am I saying that Bama will go undefeated and play in the (mythical) national championship game? No. Do I WISH that would be so? Sure! Any real fan wishes that, no matter how bad the team may be. I do anticipate a good season, but I know that we have a challenging schedule ahead of us--going between the hedges, to Tiger Stadium, and to Neyland won't be easy. No matter what the outcome is at the end of the season, I will still be yelling ROLL TIDE!

Susan and Tim came up to the lake yesterday. It was the first time they'd gotten to come see our place. We grilled out, talked about how great the game was, and watched part of the Kentucky-Louisville game. While they were there, Ron and Cindy came by, so they all finally got to put faces with the names.

We just kind of lazed around today until we HAD to get ready to come home. We've picked out a house plan, but since it will probably be at least a couple of years before we seriously begin anything permanent up there, who knows if we'll still want the same plan. lol We just can't wait until that is HOME. :)

It's going to be a short week for John and me, but when my weeks are shortened on the front part, they seem twice as long. I'd much rather have a Friday off. We'll be getting ready to head to Tuscaloosa Saturday for the Tulane game.

Have a great week!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!