05 September 2008

Can't wait until tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the home opener for Bama football, and I cannot wait! John and I aren't doing all the tailgating this year. I know I'll miss that, but it had gotten to be so tiring. We would get up between 4:30 and 5:00, leave for Tuscaloosa by 6, set everything up, and then hang out all day. Following the game, we'd always wait a couple of hours so that traffic could clear out. Then we'd have to break everything down and load it back up. Many times it would be 1:30 or 2:00 on Sunday morning before we'd get home. It was always so much fun, and we LOVE all the people we tailgated with, but we just can't keep up that pace week after week. We're getting too old. lol

The game doesn't start until 6, but we're planning on getting to campus around 3. We're going to park at McFarland Mall and ride the shuttle over. It will drop us off right behind the library, so we'll be able to walk around the quad and see all the stuff there.

Bama should beat Tulane quite handily based on the way we played against Clemson. One thing I never have done and never will do is proclaim a W before the last second has ticked off the clock, especially with those teams we should beat quite handily. ;) We've lost too many of those games in the past few years.

I do think that we are headed in the right direction with Coach Saban. I'll be the first to admit that when the rumors started flying about him being the next coach I wasn't too thrilled, and when he was hired, I said that if the right team offered the right money, he'd be gone tomorrow. I still believe that. Rarely do coaches stay at the same school for years the way Coach Bryant did and the way Coach Paterno and Coach Bobby Bowden still are. (I don't think Paterno or Bowden will retire as long as the other is still coaching because I think both really want to have the "winningest coach" title. By retiring, one would be giving up that opportunity.)

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the people who sit around us, too. Over the years we've gotten really friendly with all of them. It will be fun to catch up with everyone.

It's getting late, and even though we aren't getting up and leaving at the crack of dawn, I still need to catch some zzzz's.

ROLL TIDE!!

1 comment:

Ms. Marty said...

Yea!! Bama came through even though the score should have been more. I don't care. They still wound up in the right column.
It sure felt good this morning. There was a nip in the air and I wanted to go put on sweats, but it turned warm so guess I had better wait a while longer.
Have a good week.
Oh, it looks like the only people following us are you and I.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!