02 September 2008

L-O-N-G day

I sat up last night watching the Tennessee-UCLA game until after 11:00. When I went to bed, John was already sound asleep and snoring. When he is really tired, he snores so badly. I tried nudging him but that didn't work, so I tried the elbow. When that didn't work, I knew it was going to be a long night. I have no idea what time it was when I finally drifted to sleep, but it was after midnight because I remember looking at the clock and it was after 12:00. Around 4:00 this morning, I woke up. From then until the alarm went off at 4:45, I just dozed. I am so sleepy!!!

Luckily my lesson plans for the day were things I really enjoy teaching--F. Scott Fitzgerald in English 11 and the Medieval monarchs in English 12. I love discussing the monarchs. I tell the students that no soap opera can ever be as good as the drama behind the monarchs. AND all the history of the monarchs is actually true and not just some goofy crap a bad writer dreamed up. lol

I started this post not long after the bell rang--just to give the traffic time to clear out before I left, but Samantha, one of our new teachers, had some questions and concerns, so she and I have been talking for probably an hour now. She's a new teacher with some new teacher frustrations. Boy, do I remember those days! Sometimes I forget that I'm a "veteran" teacher until a new teacher comes to me for advice. It's an honor to me for them to see me as someone who has something valuable to share with them.

I'm about to take myself to the house, put on some comfy jammies, watch a little TV, and go to bed! My goal is to be in bed and asleep before John is tonight. Otherwise, I may have another long, sleepless night in Dadeville. :)

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!