23 September 2008

Hey, Phillip...

Even though I typically do not root for the other team in the great state of Alabama, I will be this week. I simply cannot stand Tennessee, so Auburn gets my vote for this week. (See, I'm really NOT an obnoxious fan. Some people just don't know what they are talking about, so they should just not say anything at all. Remember the quote--it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.) In the event that it is necessary for Auburn to win other games in order for Bama to possibly have a shot at going to Atlanta for the SECCG, I'll be pulling for them then, too.

Of course, I'll have on my crimson and white and will be seated in front of the TV for the Bama-Georgia game Saturday night. I don't think that Bama has really been tested this year so far, so this will be our first big one. I asked Kevin yesterday how he thought the game would come out. He said, "Two teams are going in undefeated, but only one will come out undefeated." I sure hope it's the crimson version of red that stays in the W column. :)

Win or lose, I will still be wearing something red on Monday. I started doing this several years ago when Bama was really struggling. Since we are supposed to wear maroon on Fridays to support the Wildcats, I started wearing red on Mondays to show my support of the Tide. I've just continued to do this. Luckily, red is one of my best colors, and it is my favorite color, so I have plenty of it to wear.

OK--just so I can show support to my wonderful son-in-law, here goes...

WAR EAGLE
Just don't get too used to it, Phillip. :)

And naturally,

ROLL TIDE!!

1 comment:

Ms. Marty said...

Once more you amaze me. I knew you were not obnoxious, never have been. Now your Uncle Larry, bless his heart, was obnoxious. Saying "Bless your heart" makes it OK to say that, by the way. You know Granny always rooted for Auburn except when they played Alabama and she certainly was not THAT way. We'll see how it goes.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!