13 January 2009

So long, dear boots

Today my dearly loved brown boots came to the end of their usefulness. This was a pair of boots that was a classic style, so I've worn them for what seems like forever! I loved them so much that I bought a black pair just like them. For the last couple of years, I have searched for more just like them, but I've had no luck.

I finally broke down back in the fall and bought a new pair of black boots--a pair of Borns--but I just haven't found a brown pair that I really like. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not as crazy about my new black ones and I am about the old black ones. I think I will be once I've worn them more.

One of the guys I teach with (lovingly) calls his wife a "name-brand whore." The first time he said it, we all just cracked up, but when I really stop and think about it, the same could be said about me and my shoes. I won't buy shoes that aren't a quality name brand. Shoes are the one things that I will spend money on without a second thought. I haven't always been this way, but after I started teaching and standing on hard floors all day, I decided that spending money on shoes was worth it.

Now I just have to go on a search for that perfect pair of new brown boots.


1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Mmmmmm, nice shoes...heaven will be full of yummy shoes stores, I am convinced of it:-)

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!