05 January 2009

Happy Monday!

I'm sitting here waiting on the professional development session on Using Wikis and Blogs in the Classroom to start, so I thought I'd say good morning to everyone! It also occurred to me that the post from yesterday made it sound like I was doing the "fun" professional development sessions because I just wanted to have fun. That IS partly true, but the two sessions I chose are ones that will be beneficial to me this coming semester. I will have Selene, a Hispanic student, in my English 11 class, so the Conversational Spanish class was very helpful. I chose the Wikis and Blogs because I will be able to put my course syllabi, notes, etc. on my wiki. Hopefully, this will help my students. Anytime a student is absent, he or she will be able to pull up notes. Parents will be able to see notes and the weekly syllabus as well. So, IT SHOULD be helpful. Plus, I have over 80 PD hours already, and we only need 24 each calendar year. I think I have plenty...

Laura is about to get started, so let me go. Have a great one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for enduring that trainwreck of a workshop!! I'm sorry we didn't even get to do much on the wikis (I'll still help you if you ever need it--just come get me!).

Laura

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!