30 January 2009

Happy Friday!

Finally, Friday! This has been a pretty good week, except for the three days of feeling just really yucky. Still don't know what that was all about, but whatever it was seems to be over now.

I got to be the English nerd this week and talk about the feudal system--kings, lords, knights, serfs--and the Medieval Period monarchs. I didn't think I'd like teaching Brit. Lit. because I didn't think I'd really enjoy the history part of it, but I LOVE it. My dream is to some day spend a summer in England just taking in all of the history.

Going to England isn't a something I just decided I wanted to do after I transferred into the general ed. setting and started teaching Brit. Lit. When I was in about 4th grade, I sent off for a pen pal. I ended up with Graham, a boy from England. I was DEVASTATED! I had a BOY for a pen pal! Mom said that I had to at least give it a shot, and I'm really glad I did. We wrote each other for about 4 or 5 years before the letters began to taper off and then ended all together. His mom sent me a letter explaining that he had started rebelling and had moved in with his biological father. Over the years, I have wondered what happened to him. I think it would be so neat to someday reconnect. Anyway, that experience is what led to my dream of going to England.

Tomorrow, John and I are going to Auburn to have dinner at Mikata with some people from work. I am so looking forward to it! If you hear about a group of people being kicked out, it may very well be us. We all eat lunch together at work, and we've been known to be a little...well...loud and, on occasion, uncouth. LOL

We haven't been to Mikata in a LONG time, and it's such a fun place to go. I hope we have a good chef. The last time we went, the chef was good, but he wasn't the best we've had.

John just got in, so I'm gonna go spend time with him. Even though I LOVE you, my bloggy friends, it's important to me that I devote quality time to the love of my life and that we don't end up just sharing air.

Have a GREAT weekend!!

4 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Have a WONDERFUL dinner tomorrow, chicky!!!

Julie D said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a great evening with your guy!!!!

Anonymous said...

You've got some great plans ahead.
Enjoy!

Debbie said...

Hope you had a great evening. I'm glad you are enjoying what you are teaching.
Came over from Blog stalkers.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!