23 January 2009

Happy Friday!

Ah, Friday! Don't you love the weekends? I do. Back years ago before I began teaching, I worked in the radiology department of a hospital. (That's where I met John.) Because I was "low man" (or woman) I had the crappy second shift. The funny thing is that when I first started, I loved working that shift. I could sleep later, and when I got home at night, I did the cleaning that wouldn't bother my neighbors--dusting, changing sheets, sweeping/mopping. On weekends, it wasn't so bad, either, because a lot of times I didn't go out until later anyway. After John and I started dating, it became crappy. I worked 2:30 - 11:00; he got off at 3:30--kinda interfered with our relationship. :-) If I can help it, I will never work at a job again that doesn't allow me to have evenings and weekends off. LOL

I am in real need of a weekend. Last night, the pups and I settled on the couch. They snoozed while I read the paper and John flipped through the TV channels. (I told him THAT was why I spent so much time on the computer. hahaha) The next thing I know, John was waking me up and telling me to go to bed. I repositioned myself (and the dogs, but Bama didn't like the new position, so he went to sit with John) and said I would later. About the time I got back to sleep, he started making some noise. Unfortunately for my family and REALLY close friends, I am NOT a pleasant person when my sleep is disturbed. (The person who shows up then is the same evil twin who shows up when I've been off my "happy pills" for too long...) Anyway, I yelled at him and asked WHAT in the heck he was doing. He said he was playing with the dog, and if it was bothering me, I should go to bed. At that point, I did. It was all of 7:43 PM. After getting my 7 1/2 hours of sleep (well, close enough), I was awake at 2:30. Surprisingly, I did dose off around 3:30, only to have one of odd dreams.

As far as my "stalker" goes, she (or someone at her house) has visited my blog only three times since I made that post, and all three of those times were the same day that I posted between 10:06 PM and 11:36 PM. I guess I've lost one of my "loyal" readers, but I really don't care.

I used to read this person's blog because I was truly concerned about someone in her family. She began this blog to keep friends and family updated about some things; however, it got to the point that very little that was posted dealt with the someone the blog was supposed to be about, and for a while, a LOT was being posted about me (without ever actually mentioning me by name. Actually, she did that a couple of times, too.) I would get angry and make some dig on my own blog, so our blogs really became a battle ground. I finally decided that there was nothing I needed to read, so I did stop reading for quite a while. My curiosity got the best of me though, and I began reading again, only to see the same kinds of things going on. (She really should have set up a separate blog titled "Trina is a REAL BI-OTCH" or something like that.)

I have again stopped reading, and the one thing that has made it easy for me NOT to pop in is because I see how desperate she has seemed in wanting to know every little detail of my life. And I'll be the first to admit that my life is NOT so incredibly exciting that someone needs to visit 121 times in 16 days!!!! Besides, if I, a computer idiot, can figure out how to track someone, I'm sure she could, and I refuse to give her the pleasure of seeing my IP address.

Someone questioned if it could have been my own IP address, but I know it isn't because I am able to see the ISP, and we don't use Knology. :) Another comment that was made was about "tricking" feedjit. Easy to do! Go to the bottom and click on Options. You can then tell it to ignore your browser. If you click on Watch in Real Time, you can tell it to remove your IP. I love being sneaky.

I got some good news from former students this week. One was accepted to Ole Miss for this fall. Yea! And another who was in my advisement class (same as homeroom) for four years is pregnant! I'm gonna be a "grandma" to one of my advisement babies!! After spending four years with these kids, I grew very close to many of them.

I guess that's about it for today--nothing exciting at all, but like I just said, my life isn't all that incredibly exciting, but it is my life and I love it. :)

Have a GREAT Friday, and a GREAT weekend!!

1 comment:

Fragrant Liar said...

Glad you know who your stalker is. That's just insane behavior. Maybe if you ignore her completely, she'll fade into the blogwork.

KJ

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!