09 January 2009

The end of week one

It is 3:24 on Friday, and I have made it to the end of the first week of a new semester. Other than being butt-dragging tired, it has been a really good week. I have to say that I was a little concerned about my classes earlier in the week. They are HUGE--31 seniors in first block, 30 in second block. I am currently at 25 in my junior class, but that number has changed two and three times a day, so I'm not going to be surprised if I end up with 30 in there. Hopefully, all of the schedules have been changed and that number will stay at 25.

My big concern with my classes was my second block class. Of the 30 students, ONLY 4 ARE GIRLS!! I do have a large number of special needs students in the class as well, but that doesn't bother me at all since I taught special education for 13 years before transferring. I apologized to every administrator and counselor for whatever it was that I did to deserve having 26 guys in a class, but I must say that they have been a great group. They are active in discussions, they ask questions, and they have been fun...so far. I'm thinking that it won't be as bad as I once feared. LOL At least I shouldn't have lots of drama...

John has been wearing the monitor for his diabetes this week. He had it put on Tuesday afternoon and they took it off this morning. I'm anxious to talk to him to see what he found out, if anything yet. Dr. Casals feels that he is a Type 1 diabetic instead of a Type 2 because it hasn't mattered what kind or how much medicine he has taken. He just hasn't been able to keep it controlled.

I am so looking forward to going home and getting into my comfy jammies and vegging out on the couch tonight. I thinking La Posada might be good for dinner before I get comfy though. We haven't been there this week. :)

I hope you have a GREAT weekend! John and I have a double-date tomorrow night, so I'm sure we'll have a good one.

1 comment:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Sounds perfect to me! I have no kids for the weekend! What's a girl to do???

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!