21 November 2008

Friends and Family

My seniors are taking their Renaissance test, so I thought I'd take a quick minute to make a post.

This has been a really great week for spending time with friends. On Tuesday, I had Bunco at the house. If you don't play Bunco, you really should find a group to join or at least sub for--it is a so much fun. We play on the fourth Tuesday in the month, and it is a night I guard. (I know what you're thinking--this was the third Tuesday, but with next week being Thanksgiving, we moved it to the third one.) Most of the members of our group are or were teachers, but surprisingly, we don't talk about JUST school stuff. :) I love the camaraderie we share. We come from all different walks of life, and we have a wide range of interests, but we all share a love of our chosen profession, and because of that, we have developed wonderful friendships over time. By the way, John's chili was a huge hit. :)

One of our former business ed. teachers invited a group of us out to her house last night for dinner. They have just recently completed the building of their home and gotten moved in. It is gorgeous! She has a red farmhouse sink that I fell in love with. (I now plan on trying to convince John that I need one just like it whenever we build on the lake.) Everything from the food to the fellowship was wonderful. It was so nice to sit back and relax with people that I don't get to see on a daily basis.

Tomorrow, Connie, Linda, Amy, Maggie, and I are going shopping. Katy may join us, too. I hope she does! We haven't gone shopping together in a while. I'm just kind of along for the ride, but it's one I'm definitely looking forward to. Right now, the only thing I know of that is on the agenda is to stop at the BJCC for the Jr. League market. I probably won't do much shopping myself, but I'll enjoy spending time with my "sisters."

I need to do a quick cruise around the room. I made this an open-book test because it covers a lot of material, and with us having done research as well, it has been a while since we began the Renaissance. MOST are working like busy little bees. A couple of don't have their books or their notes (because they never bring them to class) are sitting there lost. Oh well. I won't take pity on them because THEY are unprepared! (Oh, what a horrible teacher I am for not "understanding" that teens aren't always responsible. I should just give them a grade anyway. lol)

I guess that's about it. I hope you have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!