27 December 2008

What a great few days

Things in the Vest household have been busy since the last post. No, things have been busy in the Vest household for the last month, but I haven't had time to post in the last couple of days. So, to catch you up... And if you really don't care...feel free to leave now. lol

Jessi got here around 3 or so Christmas Eve. This was the first Christmas Eve John has had Christmas Eve with her since before his divorce in 1991. Never mind that the divorce decree stated he was to have them every other major holiday, but that is a different story. She was supposed to have dinner with Lance Schnitzel (and no, that isn't his real name, but that's what I call him) but that got put on hold, so the three of us had spaghetti with arribiata sauce, salad, and bread. Yum. Then we sat down to watch A Christmas Story. I'm the only one who made it through, though. I think my favorite lines are when Randy says, "I can't put my arms down" and when he says, "Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie." I love that movie. Some people hate it, but it's a Christmas tradition with us. I bought it for us a few years ago, but we always watch it on TBS.

Christmas morning, I made monkey bread for us, and then we opened presents. Jess got us a gorgeous stone trivet with our last name on it. I can't wait to show it off. It will really look great whenever we get the cabin built at the lake since it's kind of a rustic look, and the cabin (if we ever get beyond the talk stage) will be rustic. I think she liked her gifts. She acted like it. I am 100% sure she liked the clothes we got her, and I'm 99.9% sure she like the other stuff, too. We talked to Katy and wished them a Merry Christmas. After Jess left, we just lazed around.

John and I got up Friday (Black Friday 2 as I heard it called several times on the news) and got ready to go to Phillip and Katy's. We got to their house about 1. Sam had just finished lunch. Katy had said he had been cranky for the last several days because of his new teeth coming in, but he was such a happy boy the whole time we were there. He just laughed and smiled and "talked" to Poppa John and Grana. I do have pics, but I haven't downloaded them from my camera yet. Once I do, I'll post some of them. He was more interested in the paper than in his actual gifts. Except for his cell phone...he loved throwing it like a ball. Granted, it could be mistaken for a ball to a 9 month old boy who loves balls of any kind. Phillip said that when they put him in his room, the first thing he goes for is his plush football. :) He will be a natural athlete. Poppa John and I will support SAM if he plays at Auburn, but we will forever be Bama fans. (Amy and Allen could possibly have the same issue with Will. lol)

Katy and Phillip gave us pictures of Sam (always the perfect gift) and a Blingle Bell. I've never heard of Blingle Bells, but I love it. It In addition to money, they had some surprises. I know some people would never give money, but you can always be sure it is the perfect fit, color, and style. lol

John and I left Phillip and Katy's after Sam went down for his nap and made it to Ross Bridge just in time to check in. What a gorgeous hotel! And the bed was JUST as I hoped--comfy!! I think a huge part of it is the snuggly duvet and pillows. We freshened up and went to The Fish Market for dinner. John had shrimp creole, and I had the tuna with Greek seasonings. De-LISH! I was going to ask John how his creole compared to the creole at The Shrimp and Seafood Shack, but all I got out was "How does it compare..." and he said, "Susan's is better." Susan's mom and dad lived in New Orleans when Mr. Anthony was in seminary, and she learned to make authentic creole and jambalaya. Susan has mastered it, as well. It is truly the best I have ever had! I need to have her teach me how to make both the creole and the jambalaya since John and I both love them.

When we got back to the hotel, we went to the bar for a drink. He got a margarita, and I had a Red Apple martini. Now, I'm no connoisseur of martinis, but I know when I don't like one, and I did not like this particular one. John is a self-proclaimed connoisseur of margaritas, and he said he's had better. Maybe the $22 tab for two drinks had something to do with it. :)

We got up this morning, and just took it easy. I do have to say that I think I'm getting too old to swing from the chandeliers--my left hip is KILLING me! lol John had won a gift card to Bass Pro Shops at work, so we rode out to the one at Leeds. He got a new tackle box. He already has a couple, but as one who has 48 lipsticks which are almost exactly the same shade, I can't say anything. hahahaha We also got a throw, flannel sheets, and a fishing lure outdoor thermometer to take to the lake. We stopped at T Mobile to get a car charger for John's new phone, and then we stopped at Academy for a few minutes. It was almost 6 before we got home this evening, and we've been pretty worthless since.

On the way home today, I was thinking about how great it is that I can spend 24 hours a day for 4 days with John and not get tired of being with him. I know people who can't wait to get away from their husbands, and I just think that is sad. Now, don't get me wrong--I love my time with my girlfriends, and I'm even planning a couple of girls' trips to Ross Bridge, but I am NOT doing it because I want to get away from John. When I am away from him, I miss him like crazy, and I cannot wait to get back home to him. I am truly one lucky gal!

I guess that's about it for now. I need to go catch up on posts from all my other bloggy friends. Have a GREAT Sunday!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!