31 December 2008

My final post of 2008

This will be the last post I make for this year, so first of all, let me wish all of you a great New Year's Eve! Some people attend or host a huge blow out to welcome the new year, some do something nice and quiet with close friends and family, some sleep. John and I have done all three over the years, but my favorite way to celebrate is something nice and quiet with those closest to me. However you celebrate, I hope it is just perfect.

As I look back at 2008, I know there are some things I wish I had done better, some things I wish I hadn't done at all, and some things I wouldn't change for the world. I have rekindled some old friendships and made new ones, and I hope to do more of the same in 2009. I have watched those I love struggle with issues in their lives, and I have cried for and with them. I have celebrated new lives coming into the world. I am thankful that in my family, we didn't face death, but I ache for friends who have. I pray that 2009 brings comfort to them.

John, the pups, and I are headed to Smith Lake in the Free State of Winston this afternoon. Since we don't have internet access, I won't be posting or reading anything until we get home Sunday. I know I'll have a lot to catch up on!

Again, let me wish you and yours a wonderful, happy, fun New Year's Eve!

CHEERS!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love this....and you have to show me how to add music to mine....Happy New Year to you, John, Ali, and Bama....I miss ya girl. See you on Monday!

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!