07 December 2008

Roll Tide!

Yes, I am aware that the Florida Gators beat my beloved Crimson Tide yesterday, but I could not be any more proud of this group of guys and all that they have accomplished this year, and the year still isn't over. They will be playing in the Sugar Bowl on January 2. Not bad considering that very few people would have picked Alabama to have come this far this year.

In August, I thought our record would have been somewhere between 8-4 or 10-2. I would have never thought we'd have been sitting at 12-1 and headed to New Orleans. If you'd have told me that is how the season would go, I'd have said, "I'll take it!" I'm glad I didn't know, though, because knowing might have made the season just a wee bit less magical. This Alabama team will be one that will be remembered by fans for years to come. They are a very special group of young men who have shown that they have heart, and sometimes heart means much more than anything else.

All last week, I had to listen to so many Auburn fans talk about how Florida was going to beat Bama. I saw the Gator chomp, I heard "Go Gators!", I was told that they were going to be pulling for Florida, etc. And that's fine. Do I think they are being "obnoxious" Auburn fans just because they wanted Bama to lose? No. I think that is just the way things are between fans of rival teams, especially in state rivals. What do I think? I think it is hilarious when generalizations are made because typically, those generalizations are going to come back to bite you in the butt in some way at some time.

John and I had planned on going to the lake this weekend, but we ended up going to Hartselle instead. Aunt Kat wanted to go up and spend a few days with Billie, so we took her. Between Aunt Kat not being able to see or hear very well and Billie not being able to remember...it was, well, just a tad bit...I can't even think of a word to describe how it was. All I can say is small doses. LOL

I'm meeting Jess Tuesday for an early dinner and shopping. She asked me a few weeks back if we could just go shopping for her Christmas because she needs some winter clothes. Of course I jumped at the chance to shop with one of my favorite people in the world. I love shopping with her because she is so meticulous. That is the same way John shops WHEN he shops (and that is not very often. hahaha) I will probably bring everything home and wrap it, and then when she opens it, she'll do an excellent job of pretending to be so excited. She is a hoot.

Katy said she and Phillip want some of the green stuff, so they'll probably get that with a few surprises. Actually, I've already gotten Katy and Jessi one something. I know that money is really not all that personal, but sometimes money is really nice. She said they wanted to join the Y, so this will help out with that. Staying healthy is about as personal as it gets. :)

I've seen several things I want to get for Sam. I'll need to take an evening when I can get John to go with me; otherwise, there might not be a toy left to buy. hahaha

John and I decided when we bought the lake place that we'd forgo buying gifts for each other for holidays, our birthdays, or our anniversary. The other day he came in and asked what I wanted for Christmas. I said that I thought we weren't going to buy gifts. He said that he thought we could just get something together. I said that was fine with me and asked what he had in mind. He said he was thinking about getting a hot water heater for the trailer. Now, you may not think that's much of a Christmas gift, but until you've tried to shower with a hot water heater that holds only 12 gallons, you wouldn't. ;)

I guess that's about it for now. I've got a couple more loads of laundry to do, and it won't do itself while I sit here blogging. (A laundry elf is on my Christmas list to Santa...) Have a GREAT week!

And I still say...

ROLL TIDE!!!



1 comment:

Belle's Blog said...

Loving the Tide!!!!!! I'm so proud of our guys ! They have worked so hard to be where they are right now. I'm looking forward to watching much more amazing football in the future out of them .

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!