Welcome to the christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper--I love making packages pretty
2. Real tree or artificial? Real until last year, now artificial. When we put the tree up last year, John said, "It's ugly." We both love real trees. Why did I decide to go artificial???
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually Thanksgiving weekend, but it didn't happen this year. Allergy attack ALL day Friday and Alabama-Auburn game Saturday. Exhausted on Sunday. It will go up this week/weekend!!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the week between Christmas and New Year's
5. Hot chocolate or apple cider? Hot chocolate, but I love me some cider!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved all my gifts. I really don't remember one favorite.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad
9. Easiest person to buy for? John
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Hmmm--I don't recall a "worst" gift.
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas card? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Stroy. For years, we've watched it on Christmas Day with Katy and Jessi
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It depends on how busy I am.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything except "traditional" foods. By Christmas, I am sick of turkey, dressing, etc. Give me finger foods!
16. Clear lights or colored? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas songs? Silent Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We've stayed home in the past, but since Sam is young, we'll travel this year.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Every last one of 'em
20. Angel or star on top of the tree? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We've done Christmas afternoon in the past because that's when we'd get Katy and Jessi for Christmas. Not sure about this year since we'll be going to Katy and Phillip's.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crazy, rude shoppers who think that the extra 5% they are saving is going to make a huge amount of difference
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't have a theme or color. Every year I think I want to do a theme, but when I get everything out and see all the ornaments I've gotten from family, friends, and students over the years, I can't imagine NOT having them on the tree.
Bad Mom in Toddler Town: A wake-up call
3 days ago