08 December 2008

Quick Monday morning post

It's still our advisement period (same as homeroom) so I thought I'd take a quick minute to post. I really have nothing to say, but that's okay. We have a brief faculty meeting at the beginning of our planning periods, and then I've got to kick my butt into super-high gear and grade some research papers. Because we were traveling this weekend, I didn't get nearly as many done as I'd planned, and the semester is winding down much more quickly than I'd like (except for my 4th block...they could leave tomorrow. :) )

My seniors are studying Macbeth right now. I love, love, love teaching this piece of literature. I posted about it back in the spring. The Macbeths (and Lady Macbeth in particular) are ruthless and they don't care about who they hurt just as long as THEIR wants and needs are satisfied. Hmmm...sounds like people in the world today. That's one reason the students (most of them, anyway) get into the play. They can see how ambitions can destroy a person.

The bell rang, so my faculty meeting awaits. Doncha wish you could go with me? hahahaha

Have a GREAT Monday. :)

1 comment:

tammy said...

I always wanted to be a teacher!

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!