02 August 2008

My hubby is the BEST!

I know I said I wouldn't post again until Monday, but I have to give kudos to the best husband in the world. It has been a beautiful, gorgeous, although HOT, day, and instead of doing something fun, he did all the electrical stuff--light switch and 3 plugs and hung the new light--and then he hung the curtains, and we moved the furniture back into the dining room. Except for the floors and getting one more picture, it's finished. Woo Hoo!!

I woke up about 5:30 this morning and let the pups out. Correction--I let Bama out. Ali just looked at me and laid back down. John got up about 6, and he and the pups went to breakfast at Bob's. When we're here, that's the Saturday morning routine, and believe me when I say that Bama KNOWS the routine. :) I was so tired that I passed on breakfast at Bob's.

When I got up about 8:30, John had already taken the horribly ugly ceiling fan down in the dining room and was putting up the new really pretty light, so I didn't even have to ask him to do all this today. (See...he is just awesome.) After we got the furniture moved back in, we decided not to put the "stuff" back, but we ended up doing it anyway. We'll just pack it back up in a couple of months. Woo hoo--fun. lol

We're getting the floors refinished the week of Oct. 6. That's my fall break, so it won't be a problem for me to take the pups and go to the lake. From the way John has been talking, I think he plans on taking off that week. I hope he does! He deserves another week off.

We're really excited about getting the floors done. We're having the carpet pulled up in the hallway, so it and the living room and the dining room will all look like new. We'll still have to live with the horribly ugly carpet in the front bedroom and the den for a while, but we've lived with it almost 15 years. I know John is excited about the floors. I was supposed to have Bunco here in September, and he asked if I could swap with someone so the floors would be finished when I hosted. Dolly is swapping with me. She awesome, too.

This may ruffle the feathers of some, but I feel that good news should be spread, and this is definitely good news. Katy and Jessi's step-dad, Roy, has been battling cancer for over a year. I had posted about this months ago. To be perfectly honest, it's probably getting pretty close to two years since he began having problems, but the cancer wasn't diagnosed right away. Anyway, he has been taking chemo since back in the spring. His treatments were pretty sporadic because his blood work didn't always look like it should. They've all been on pins and needles, I know, but at his appointment on Thursday for the results of his PET scan, they found out that the tumor had shrunk to half! He has surgery planned for the 8th, so keep him and his doctors in your thoughts. I know Katy and Jessi would appreciate it. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult this has been for them.

I think I'm about to go relax on the couch and snuggle with the pups. They haven't had much snuggle time today. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll post with updates about my classes on Monday.

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!