09 May 2008

Happy Birthday, Bama!

The Bamster is 2 years old today! According to the chart at the vet's office, that is actually closer to 20 years in doggy years instead of 14.

Since shih tzus were the breed of dog I'd been around the most, I never thought I would have had any breed of dog other than a shih tzu. After Elvis died, John was completely set against having another long-haired dog. We had talked about maybe getting a Jack Russell Terrier, but decided against that (too hyper!) Then, we talked about a Boston Terrier, but that never went beyond talking. We were out riding around one Saturday, and he saw a sign for Rat Terrier puppies. I quickly informed him that I did NOT want one of those, either. (I think I was being just a little obstinant. :) ) The next day was Father's Day (and Katy and Phillip's anniversary.) Jessi came over and we went to Oskar's for lunch. On the window, there was a sign for puppies...Rat Terrier puppies! I looked at it and decided I wanted to go LOOK. I called the number and spoke to the breeder. She said we could come, but all she had left were males. We got there, and she showed us the babies she still had for sale. Oh my goodness! I fell in love immediately with the cutest little black, white, and tan pup, and we decided to get him. He weighed a whopping 1 pound 1 ounce! He was SOOOOO tiny, and he was such a little snuggler.

John and I couldn't decide on a name for him. Everything I suggested, he didn't like, and everything he suggested, I didn't like. Jessi suggested Bama. We looked at him and decided that yep, he was a Bama!

We took him home, and while he and Daddy bonded, Jessi and I went to Petco and bought tons of stuff for him. I spent more on the stuff FOR him than I actually paid for HIM. lol He still has a couple of the toys.

In the almost 2 years that we've had him, I cannot imagine NOT having him. He has brought us so much joy and love. I still miss Elvis, but Bama came in a filled the void that our home had.

Happy birthday, Bama! Momma and Daddy love you!!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!