30 March 2008

Jessi got moved!

She and Michael came over Friday night so we could get started bright and early Saturday morning loading up all her things we were storing for her. We didn't get started TOO early, so I tried to use the excuse that I had to take the rental truck back, so I couldn't help get everything from the attic. John didn't buy it, though. He knew the rental place didn't close until noon, and he made sure we started early enough for me to help. hahaha It really didn't take all that long, and it wasn't all that hard. I'm just super glad Michael was here because that meant less lifting for me. I told him that the next time we all get together, there can be NO work involved, and he readily agreed.

Anyway, I did leave right before they started to load the bedroom furniture, so I missed out on that. That was probably about the easiest thing to put on the truck, too. Jess is now using the bedroom suite that we gave Katy when she was in college. Until yesterday, Jessi didn't know that it was originally mine that Mom and Dad bought me when they built the house about 30 years ago. I guess that classifies it as antique, or close to it! If Katy ever wants it back, she'll have to take it up with Jessi, and John told her it was never coming back "home." :)

After taking the rental truck back and getting my car from the shop, I headed to Millbrook to help get everything put away. The guys did all the heavy work, and Jessi and I unloaded boxes. She didn't have everything completely done (except the kitchen) when we left, but we could certainly tell that it was going to be so cute! I talked to her this afternoon, and she said she was up until about 2 getting everything else done! I can't wait to see it all put together.

John is such a lucky man to be the father of two such wonderful young women. He loves it when they call to ask his advice about something or to ask a question--he knows that he is still Daddy, and his little girls still need him. There is just something about a daddy and his girls. And I'm just so lucky to get to share them with him.

Speaking of the rental truck...I had to take my car in to get the CD player replaced, and since the service dept. at the dealership doesn't do loaner cars anymore, they got me a rental from Enterprise. (They really do come pick you up!) The guy drove up in a 2008 RED Ford F-150, 4 door. I thought, "Nah" but it was "Yeah" when he asked if I minded driving a truck! With a warranty, they have to use either a Mazda or a Ford product, and this was all they had left on the lot. I LOVED IT! I'm just a country girl, and I love driving a truck. I'd drive one all the time if gas weren't so expensive!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!