10 March 2008

He is here!!!

Samuel Emerson Pate made his debut this evening around 6:05! He weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces, and he is 19 1/2 inches long, and he is GORGEOUS!! Katy went for her regular 38-week checkup today, and they decided to send her to the hospital for labs--again. This time, though, they said they were going to induce. They broke her water about 12, and he was born just about 6 hours later, so not too bad for a first time pregnancy. Phillip said that she did a great job and that he was so proud of her. Of course, they are both so proud of their beautiful son, and I know they are going to be such awesome parents. John and I FINALLY got to the hospital around 8--long story--and got to see our sweet, precious Sam. Of course, Grana (me) had to grab him away from Papa John pretty quickly, but I did end up giving him back so Papa John could have some snuggle time. :) Even though I didn't give birth to Katy, I don't think that it is possible for me to love her and Sam anymore than if they WERE biologically mine. It is so hard to believe that she is a mommy now. The pictures of her holding Sam right after he was born are just unbelievable. I pray that God blesses this child throughout his entire life, and that he grows up to be as wonderful a man as his daddy is.

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!