07 June 2010

Glad to be home

I left home on Saturday, May 29, and just got back home today.  Whew!  I had a great time, but boy, am I tired, and BOY, am I GLAD to be back home.  Do you have any idea how excited I am about sleeping in my own bed with my own pillow tonight?

I was at the lake from last Saturday until Tuesday.  We had all the "kids" there for part of the weekend, and Lance and Jessi were there for the entire weekend.  It was SO. MUCH. FUN.  Check out that post here.  John and the pups left around 3 on Monday, but I stayed because I was going to Connie's the next day.

On Tuesday, I got up and once Mr. Sunshine decided to make an appearance, I went to the dock for a little baking.  :)  About 2:00, I cleaned up and headed to Cullman.  Normally, I wouldn't go to Hartselle through Cullan, but my BB Pearl was almost on its last leg,and I was going to get a new phone.  The track ball had stopped rolling as well as it should, even after cleaning it, and the ring that held it in had lost a "leg" on one of the clips, so it wouldn't snap in like it should.  I was trying to wait until John's contract is up in September, but I just didn't see that happening.  So, I cancelled my T Mobile line and went to Verizon.  I'm now the owner of a BB Storm 2, and so far, I LOVE IT!  When John's contract is up, I'll probably cancel his T Mobile and add a line to my plan with Verizon, but I'll get him THE MOST BASIC phone known to man. 

It isn't that I was unhappy with T Mobile.  I've been with them for 12 years, and I never had any complaints.  Other than spotty coverage in some places.  That's the primary reason I switched to Verizon.  Everybody who has Verizon has been able to get service at the lake.  Of course, I got service on the dock with T Mobile before I left, but I had already made up my mind.  LOL

I did a little shopping at Belk, too.  The Cullman Belk is TONS better than the one in Auburn.  I have a very hard time finding ANYTHING there, but I got a couple of really cute tops in Cullman.  I probably would have gotten more, but I had no where to pack anything, and I was in a touch of a time crunch.

After leaving Cullman, I dropped by Connie's and unloaded my stuff and then took supper to Billie.  God love her...if she asked me once where John Alan was, she asked me twenty times.  Every time I'd tell her he was at home but he'd be there Friday.  And every time, she'd ask my why he didn't come with me, and my answer was always because he had to work but he'd be there Friday.  Then she'd ask what day it was and I'd tell her it was Tuesday.  Five minutes later, it was the same thing all over again.  Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows...

Connie and I sat up and talked until about midnight.  I think we were just so excited about leaving the next day.  =)  We got on the road about 7:45 Wednesday morning and made it to Gulf Shores right at 3.  We thought we'd be stopping every hour for Libby to potty since SHE is the pregnant one, but nooooo.  I was the one saying we needed potty breaks.  I told her I must have been experiencing sympathetic bladder.  hahahaha

The four of us had a ton of fun.  We laughed the whole time.  Well, when we weren't stuffing our faces.  We enjoyed dinner at The Shrimp Basket, Lulu's, Wintzel's, and King Neptunes.  I didn't have one bad meal the whole time.  Other than the sun, my favorite part of the beach is the seafood.

The weather wasn't as perfect as I'd have hoped.  When I'm at the beach, I want lots and lots of sunny days so I can spend as much time on the beach as possible.  Most every day had some rain, usually early to mid afternoon, but I got my share of sun. 

We did our share of shopping, too.  On Thursday afternoon, we hit the Tanger Center.  After dinner Friday, we stopped at a couple of other shops, and then Saturday we made a stop at a book store.  And on Sunday, we stopped at Books A Million until Lambert's opened. 

Since I had left my car at Connie's, I went back to Hartselle last night.  The closer we got to Montgomery, though, the more I wished I had been coming home.  Not that I didn't want to spend more time with Connie, but I was ready to see John and the pups, who I hadn't seen since last Monday, and I really wanted my own bed.

But I am home now, and I got the best welcome from Ali and Bama.  I didn't get Bama's "I missed you" howl, but he let me know I was missed.  That's the great thing about pets, and dogs in particular.  They will ALWAYS greet you with such unbridled joy and happiness.  I know John missed me too, but he didn't jump around and wag his tail.  LOL

I think I'm about to wrap my computer time up and will probably head to bed in just a bit. 

As always, have a GREAT day.

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am so glad you are home and that you had a great time. I have an award for you on my post today...check it out.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!