13 June 2010

Bridal shower fun

Lance's sister Shannon gave Jessi a bridal shower today, so John and I got up about 6:00 and headed home from the lake so we could unload, clean up, and head to Lineville.  John really wasn't keen on going.  After all, showers are typically for the bride, but Lance and his dad were both going to be there, and Jessi really wanted her daddy there, so doing what all good daddies do, he went.  After it was over and we were on our way home, he said he was glad he went.  I knew he would be.  Wives always know these things, though, right?

Aren't they a gorgeous couple?  I remember when Jessi sent me a text message and said she had a "sort of" date.  I asked what a "sort of" date was, and she said she was going out with some friends and a guy she had met was going, too, and they were going to meet up.  I think every date after that one was a definite date.  They've been practically inseparable for their entire relationship.  :)  I think John and I knew fairly soon that this was probably going to be a long-term relationship.  I was so excited the day that Lance told me he wanted to talk to John.  And then I was even more excited when they did talk.  The waiting...and the lying to Jessi. about not knowing what was coming..was almost as hard for me as it was for Lance.  LOL

Isn't this the cutest cake?  And it was just as yummy as it was cute. 







She's all ready for her honeymoon to Cancun!  (Sorry about the red eyes, Jess.  I forgot to set the red-eye reduction, and then I forgot to edit them out.  You're still gorgeous.)

When I was at the beach, I found a darling beach towel with a J on it.  It SCREAMED Cancun, so I had to get it for her. 



Doesn't their daddy look happy to have both his beautiful daughters by his side?  This man would walk to the ends of the earth for either of them.  I am so very fortunate and blessed to be able to share my life with all three of them and with Phillip, Sam, and Lance.  Anytime I think of the relationships we girls have with our men, the song that comes to mind is "Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd.  The two lines that say the most to me are "It was no accident me finding you / Someone had a hand it in / Long before we ever knew" and "I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars / He sure knew what he was doin' / When he joined these two hearts."  You cannot convince me that the reason I met John, and Katy and Phillip, and Jessi and Lance met was because it was God's grand design.  And I thank Him each and every day.

The big day will be here in just over a month, July 17.  I know these next few weeks will be super busy for them, and I know they will rush by.  I get teary just thinking about it.  Gotta get my tissue ready. 

I know this post is primarily about Jess and Lance, but on Friday, June 18, Katy and Phillip will be celebrating their fifth anniversary.  It's hard to believe five years have gone by already!  Happy anniversary, kids!  I hope this day is just as wonderful and special as your wedding day was. 

As always, have a GREAT day!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!