11 July 2008

I love a bargain

Dolly called this morning to see if I wanted to ride to Auburn/Opelika with her today. She had an appointment to get her hair cut--her niece works at a salon in Opelika--and then she had some running around to do. Hmmm---so my options for today were 1) stay home and do some lesson plans for English 11 or 2) go hang out with one of the most fun friends I have. Hard decision. :)

After getting her hair cut, we went to a couple of the shops right by the salon. Opelika has done a lot with the old downtown area. A lot of older towns/cities should follow in their footsteps. We had lunch in this quaint little cafe. A very simple menu--chicken salad, tuna salad, ham sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, BLTs--but very good. Those are the kind of places I like to go for a quick, cool lunch on a hot summer day.

Anyway, about the bargains. I've been wanting to get some new bedding for the trailer, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on it. Everything I've seen that I liked would be outrageously priced, so I had just about given up. At Tuesday Morning, they had a quilt that I loved. It was a "lakey" green, and it was about a third the price of what I've been seeing. After I decided to get it, I just happened to find the matching bedskirt. Now, I'm not a huge bedskirt fan, but the bed at the lake is kind of...well...ugly, so a bedskirt will cover up the frame. Then, I found a sheet set to match. Woo Hoo! I didn't find pillow shams, but that's okay. I can make do without them. I'll just look around for a couple of throw pillows that will coordinate.

I found a frame at Hobby Lobby for Sam's newest picture. I'm sure I have one here somewhere, but I cannot get to where all m extra frames are because the dining room furniture is in the way. The floors haven't gotten refinished yet. I'm about ready to move the furniture back in because the next time we'll be able to vacate the house for them to be done will be during my fall break...in October. I refuse to live with the dining room table in the middle of the living room and the china cabinet in the guest bedroom. Wow--that was a wild tangent--I started out talking about the frame for Sam's picture and ended up talking about furniture. Since the background on the picture is black, I got a black frame, but it has some mild distressing on it with red as the accent color. The outfit he has on is red, so it matches really well. I couldn't find the 5 x 7, but I found out that Poppa John has taken it to work. :) I guess he put it in one of the frames he has there.

That's about it for today. I'm about to go cook dinner because the chicken salad I had earlier is about to be all gone. :)

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!