17 July 2008

I know my summer is almost over

It's official. It's time to really begin thinking about the new school year. How do I know? Well, first of all, on Tuesday got my letter from Lou Ann outlining our Professional Development days. Second, this week is orientation for students, and today is the day for freshmen, so I'm at the school about to go do my duty as a freshman advisor. And finally, Debbie called yesterday to tell me that Tammy has set up our textbook training for the 29th. We have tons of technology that goes along with the new literature books, so the company is providing training for us on all of it. The English dept. had wanted to try to have it right after school got out, but I guess the week before school starts is better than nothing. I've played around with much of the material, so I do feel somewhat comfortable with it.

Another way I know summer is almost over is that when I called to make my hair appointment the other day, Lynn told me it was time for a new 'do. She does this about every six months or so. I have no idea what she has in mind. I think I'm going to sit down, close my eyes, and let her have at it. My appointment is this afternoon, so who knows what my hair will look like tonight. :) I'm not worried, though. It's nice to be able to trust your hairstylist so much.

Unless something at the hospital comes up, John is taking off tomorrow, so we'll be heading to the lake this afternoon. Yea!! I'm seriously considering taking the pups and going back up maybe Wednesday and staying the rest of the week. It's my last chance to have several days of nothing but SUN. I would take my stuff and just stay this time, but Bunco is Tuesday night, and I really don't want to miss it. I missed last month because I was in Tuscaloosa.

I guess that's about it for now. I'm about to run downstairs to say good morning to everyone in the office and to find out if there are any new and exciting changes around here. I hope you have a GREAT day!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!