24 April 2008

Lies, deceit, and murder!

In senior English we just started Macbeth, and I LOVE it! Every time we start a new piece of literature, I tell the students that it is my favorite, but I really do believe that Macbeth is my favorite. If I were told I could teach only one piece of lit, that is the piece I would choose. After about the first act, the kids start to get in to it, too. We have some really good discussions about how one seemingly trivial act can completely change the course of one's life. Of course, Macbeth's actions are anything but trivial! The students really begin to question the whys and the hows of the things that Macbeth and Lady Macbeth do in their quest to achieve their goals. They begin to "argue" for their own individual opinions. They usually have fabulous discussions about who is really to blame for Macbeth's actions. Like I said, I love it!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!