30 March 2010

Bridezilla??

JESSI IS ENGAGED!!! She just called a little while ago to tell me. After I did all of the squealing, I told her I was really glad I no longer had to lie to her. Remember the post when I said she and I had gone to get pedicures while her daddy and Lance cut some trees and we were hoping Lance would have talked to John but he didn't? All a lie. He did talk to John, and I knew he was going to talk to him a couple of days earlier. But I didn't want to run the risk of Jessi reading that on my blog or someone else reading it and congratulating her. So I lied. I am pretty good at doing that, but it is NEVER with the intention of causing hardship or harm. I lie when there is something that needs to be kept secret for a very GOOD reason. (Don't ask me to lie for you if someone is going to get hurt in the process. That ain't happenin'.)

So, will Jessi be a Bridezilla? Nope. Not at all. We'll save that title for some other bride who thinks the entire world revolves around her and thinks everyone should bow down to her wishes and demands. Not that Jessi shouldn't have the world revolving around her and all of her friends and family bowing down to her during this special time, but that just isn't Jessi. (Thank God!)

John and I are so, so very happy for our girls. Both of them have found wonderful men who love them dearly and would do anything and everything in the world for them. Jess has had her share of heartbreak, but that is all in the past, and I believe that from here on, her life will be filled with nothing but joy and happiness.

Lance is a wonderful young man, and I don't think John or I could have asked God to send anyone any better into her life. The only thing that worries me somewhat is that Jess told me that she thinks Lance is just like her daddy. LOL No, seriously, that does not worry me in the least. It brings me great comfort because I know what a wonderful, kind, caring, loving man her daddy is, so I know she will be loved, protected, and provided for.

Congratulations, Jessi and Lance. Daddy and I are so happy for you. We love you and can't wait for you to begin your lives as one.

2 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am thrilled for them both. I can't wait to read blogs to keep up with the events of the wedding. :-)

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

YAY!!! A big congrats to you all!! SO EXCITING!

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!