28 February 2011

Facelift

I decided to give my blog a facelift.  I've had the houndstooth for quite a while now, and while I love it (I am a Bama fan, after all), I was just ready for something new.  And since I'm a country girl at heart, I thought the barnwood and sunflowers would be a perfect fit.  What do you think?  I cannot, though, for the LIFE of me figure out how to get the black/white border to go away.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have checked everything I can think of, and it is still showing up.  Oh well!

This has been a quiet morning since testing has been going on.  For the first time in forever, we aren't using the section of the building my room is in, so I haven't had to find a place to hide out.  Do you know how wonderful it has been to be able to stay "home"?  Of course I'll be testing tomorrow and Thursday, but hopefully by the time the first 90 minute session is over, all of the students Charmaine and I have will be finished.

I'm really excited about tomorrow and Thursday, even though I do have to test.  Since some of our seniors don't come in until 2nd block, we are doing the classes in reverse--3rd, 2nd, 1st.  I have 1st block planning, so I'll be through around 2:00.  (It really takes so little to excite me.  LOL)

Ashley isn't here today.  Auburn is having their interview day for the students in the school of education.  That means I'll have to teach this afternoon, for the first time in about three weeks.  Fortunately, the seniors are finishing up their pilgrim analysis, so they'll be working in groups.  Fifth block is the remediation class for language, and since tomorrow is the language test, we'll just go over some last minute stuff...test taking skills mainly.

I am so nervous for those kids in remediation!  All but two of them are juniors, so this isn't a "do or die" test for them, but I REALLY want ALL of them to pass.  Most of them were extremely close last time, so maybe they will get it this time.  My two seniors, though, are students who have learning disabilities and haven't passed a section yet, so this is "do or die" for them.  It BREAKS my heart because I just don't see either of them passing it this time, either.  And to have to see their faces when they get the results...I don't care what anyone says about prayer in schools; I will be praying very hard tomorrow!

I guess I should go now.  I need to take care of a couple of things before my darlings arrive.  I hope you have a GREAT day!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!