14 February 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I get to go to Jarod!!!

What?  Oh, no...I'm not going to the jewelry store.  I've got to take my CAR to Jarod, the service manager, for its BIG "checkup".  Sorry.  I didn't mean to confuse you.  (Just a little bit of my goofy humor, which has gotten much worse since I married John.  LOL)

Today is a professional development day at work, but we don't have any assignED professional development meetings here at the high school.  All we've had was a faculty meeting that lasted about 20 minutes, and then I dug into my classroom to CLEAN.  Whew...talk about DUSTY.  I'm almost finished with that, and then I guess I'll work on updating the rest of my Chaucer/The Canterbury Tales presentations.  Or I may go ahead and get a jump start on my online class for this week.  I think that is what I'll do. 

Mr. Reyes told me I could leave work about 2:30 so I can get an earlier start to Birmingham and get back before it's very late.  I told John last week that I wanted him to grill me a steak for Valentine's Day, but after I scheduled the time to drop my car off, I told him he could wait and do steaks later this week if he wanted to.  He never told me what he plans, so who knows.  I really do hope he does them tonight because I really want a steak.  I figure I should be able to be home by 6.

I'll have to go back to Birmingham tomorrow to pick my car up, but I won't be able to leave until about 3:30, and that means I'll get in the early part of rush hour.  I'm seeing a McDonald's hamburger or something similar for tomorrow night.  : /

John has already given me my Valentine's gift...he did that a couple of weeks ago.  He handed me a regular mailing envelope with "Happy late Valentine's Day" written on it.  I looked at him with a quizzical look and reminded him that Valentine's Day hadn't arrived yet.  He said he knew, but if he waited, the gift would be late. I opened the envelope and pulled out a receipt for tickets to see John Prine and Emmylou Harris at the BJCC Concert Hall on March 4!  So yeah, if he'd waited until then to give it to me, he would have been late for Valentine's Day.  I guess he could have waited and given it to me today, but the timing really doesn't matter to me.  (I have a friend who was furious at her husband because one of her Christmas gifts wasn't able to be delivered until AFTER Christmas one year.  And then it wasn't exactly what she wanted, so she told him to send it back.  Talk about ungrateful!)

Don't get me wrong.  I love holidays, but sometimes I think too much emphasis is placed on THE DAY.  Shouldn't we show our husbands or wives we love them EVERY day?  Why do we HAVE to have a special day to go all out?  I would just as soon have a $10 bouquet of flowers from Winn-Dixie or Wal-Mart on Wednesday, May 18th as I had have a $75 bouquet of roses from the florist on Monday, February 14th.  (And remember, those same roses will be $25 tomorrow...)

I need to get myself busy again.  Like I said, I'm almost finished.  Another 30 minutes or so and I will be done!  The question will be how long will it last?  **sigh**

Have a GREAT VALENTINE'S DAY!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am so jealous. I love Emmylou Harris. I enjoyed lunch with you and Mary today.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!