Kara lost her battle with CF while awaiting a double-lung transplant. (I think that is correct. I've heard a couple of different things, but someone who is very reliable told me that.) Anyway, with all of the excitement of Jessi's wedding, it made me stop and think about how very fortunate/lucky/blessed I am because there are so many things that Karen will never get to do.
For example, she will never
- hear Kara say, "Mom, he is THE one."
- be able to ooh and ahh and gush over Kara's engagement ring.
- help her choose her wedding dress and make wedding plans.
- see Kara walk down the aisle as her baby girl.
- see Kara walk back down the aisle as a beautiful new wife.
- hear Kara say the words "You're going to be a grandmother!"
- hold her baby girl's baby.
- cry with her when that baby begins school.
- SO many other things...
Now, on the other hand, Karen is able to sleep at night because she knows
- Kara is praising her GOD each and every second!
- Kara is rejoicing with her loved ones who have gone before.
- Kara no longer struggles with a body that isn't perfect.
- she will see Kara again someday and that reunion will be so very precious.
Have a GREAT day!