12 July 2010

Substance?

Substance.  According to Merriam-Webster online, five definitions exist for the word substance.  One of the definitions is "practical importance"...something that is meaningful and useful.  So for Karen to give me this blog award means so much to me.  I do not see my blog as anything meaningful or useful, except as a way for me to keep up with what has gone on in my life. 

Like Karen, I used to keep a diary as a child.  Many years ago, I was going through boxes of stuff that was still at my mom's house, and I found those diaries.  I threw them away.  They were so...silly.

When Katy was pregnant with Sam, she started a blog, and it looked like something I would enjoy, so I started one, too.  To begin with, it was going to be all about my love for Alabama football.   I made two posts, and then I didn't make another post for three months.  Now, I post something about once a week.  Sometimes more; sometimes less.

Like I said, I started my blog as a way for me to keep up with life, but it is also a way for family and friends to know what is going on with John and me.  I've "met" some friends through the blogging world, and I love to read their blogs to see what is going on with them.  One thing I love is the variety of blogs that are out there.  Some are like mine--the daily "grind" of life--while others are inspirational.  Some of just down right fun.  Some are a great place to find recipes.  Some are about the hopes and dreams the author has, and some are a place to vent frustrations, anger, disappointments (and my blog definitely falls into these categories at times.) Some are a combination of all of the above and more.

As part of the acceptance of this award, I am to sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience in five words.  I think my five words would be:

Life (family, friends)
Hopes
Dreams
Reflection
Contemplation

I'm supposed to pass this one to five bloggers, but I feel very generous today, so I'm passing it on to ANYONE who wants to take it. 

As always, have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

And yes...it does have substance...it has made me laugh, cry, have warm fuzzy feelings...and in general gives me enjoyment. You and your mom both. BTW...she got one of those awards too for her aging post. If you talk to her...let her know. Miss you girl!

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!