19 July 2010

I think I'm caught up from the weekend

Wow!  Either I am starting to really feel my age, or the heat and humidity from Saturday really took a bigger toll than I thought it would.  (I prefer to think that it was due to the heat and humidity.)

By the time John, Katy, and I got back to the house Saturday night, it was almost midnight.  Katy and I did our nighttime rituals (you know, makeup removal and all that...stuff men don't have to worry about) and all three of us CRASHED.  Even as tired as I was, I was still awake by 7 and up by 8.  We met Danny, Linda, Connie, and Blain at Oskar's for lunch at 11.  After we got back, Katy loaded up the barbecue and cake she'd brought home from the reception and left.  Before noon, John and I were both asleep.  At some point, I got up from the sofa and crawled in bed where I stayed until 4.  The rest of the day/night, I was worthless.  I did download my pictures, though.

I know Lance and Jess were bone tired.  About 9:30 or 10 Saturday night, we started cleaning up the mansion.  Some of their friends were still out on the patio having fun, but the bride and groom were right in the middle of the cleanup...Jess still in her gown and Lance still in his tux.  She had cake all over her hands from helping to bag it up for "doggy bags."  I told her that I don't ever recall a newly married couple helping with the clean up.  She just laughed.  That's just the kind of young adults they are, though.

They were getting up at 3 and leaving home at 4 for the airport.  Wayne and Kay were taking them, so I would guess they spent yesterday afternoon taking it easy.  I hope so anyway!  Jess sent Katy a text Sunday morning.  She said they got about an hour and a half sleep at home, and that she slept all the way to Atlanta.  It was her first time to fly, and she was very nervous, so I doubt she slept on the plane.  Lance said they'd call when they got there.  I told him not to worry about calling us...just to enjoy themselves.  We haven't heard from them, so I'm sure all is okay.  If it weren't, one of them would have definitely called by now!  I would love to hear from them, but it's their honeymoon...calling us should be the last thing on their minds.  hehehe

I had planned on going to the lake today, but I decided to wait until tomorrow.  I'm glad I did.  It has given me a chance to get the house cleaned up since I didn't have time last week.  I didn't figure I would have time because of all of the minor things I needed to do before the wedding--pick up John's tux, find my jewelry, get my nails done, pick up my dress from the cleaners.

I needed to run to Alex City today, but I don't think I'll make it.  I hope to take Jessi's flowers to have them dried, but I need to call my florist to see if they do them.  I need to take my dress to the cleaners, and there are pictures I need to pick up at Wal-Mart...some of the ones I took, and some from the engagement pictures, and some from her bridal portraits. 

Guess that's about it for now.  I hope you have a GREAT day!


Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog


Hey girl. Sounds like you had a heck of a weekend. I know I have had a heck of a week. We have covered 1500 miles since Sunday. We are bone tired....but still liking each other. LOL. See you soon.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!