22 July 2010

Missing the hubby!

Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE being at the lake, and I would move here tomorrow, BUT after not having seen John since he left for work Tuesday morning, I'm starting to miss him somethin' fierce!  One phone call a day just isn't enough.  That being said, I know that I have no reason to complain because I know that there are hundreds, no thousands, of service men and women who haven't seen their families in MONTHS.  I know the three measly days I'll have spent without John pales in comparison.

It's been a good few days.  Nice and relaxing and quiet.  And HOT.  I've tried to spend time out on the dock, but I can handle only a couple of hours.  That's enough though.

I'll leave here late tomorrow afternoon to go to Hartselle since this is our weekend to stay with Billie.  I'm not sure how many more months there will be that we'll be staying with her.  The paperwork for getting her into a nursing home is in the works.  We just aren't sure how long it will take to get it completed.  I know it is really hard on Connie since she is the only daughter.  The "boys" won't have an easy time of it either, but Connie handles her emotions much differently than they do.  In the end, it will truly be better for Connie, too, though.  Quite frequently, Connie will have 35-40 missed calls and/or voice mails on her cell phone in a DAY.  She is also the one who gets the brunt of the woman Billie has become.  She was saying on Sunday that her mother tells her all the time that she knows that Connie hates her.  Billie doesn't tell John, Danny, or Tim that.  It's the Alzheimer's talking.

I got started on reworking my student handouts last night, and tonight I had planned on redoing my PowerPoint.  It hasn't happened though.  Just couldn't bring myself to think about the Anglo-Saxon period.  It isn't anything that will be difficult, but it will be time consuming.  I'll have to make sure that the slides match the handout; plus, I want to add some You Tube videos that I've found. 

I'm seeing an early night tonight--probably as soon as John calls.  Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep.  It took me FOREVER to fall asleep last night.  Finally, about midnight I got up and got my book (The Sound and the Fury) and read for about 30 minutes.  I wish I had some Benadryl.  That would certainly help!

That's a wrap for tonight.  Have a GREAT weekend, and please pray for me to have patience and strength.  :)

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I know how tough this can be. I wish I had a brother or sister to walk this walk with me. Since the move it just seems so hard. I will be glad when school starts back for that...at least I will be in town 5 days a week. I know what you mean about missing John. I had a great time on my trip with the girls to Michigan...but about Weds...I was a bit homesick.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!