25 May 2009

A rainy weekend at the lake...

is better than a gorgeous weekend at home. No, I really shouldn't say that because I love my home. It's just that if we'd been home on a gorgeous weekend, we'd have found "stuff" that needed to be done instead of relaxing. However, I am definitely ready for a gorgeous weekend at the lake! We've been up four of the last five weekends, and every single one, including the one we didn't go, has been rainy. I know I shouldn't complain about the rain because we've been without for so long. I just wish it would rain at night. :)

We didn't go up until Saturday. Friday night was graduation, and I fully intended to go, but Jess called to see if she and Lance could "house sit" for us over the weekend. She said they wanted to go to Oskar's for dinner, and since it was rainy, dinner with three of my favorite people beat out graduation. So, John and I got up early Saturday and headed north.

I was pretty worthless all day Saturday. We got to the lake about 10, and I did pretty much nothing. I told John once that I didn't feel GOOD, but I didn't feel BAD. And I was SO tired! I don't know if that was because we had gotten up so early, or if it was because I finally let myself feel how tired I really was from the end of the school year, or if it was a combination of the two. I'm going with a combination.

Danny and Linda got there about an hour after we did. They had Audrey and Jessica. And Scrappy (A & J's chihuahua.) We visited with them for a while, and then I had to take a nap (a 3 hour nap.) I said I was pretty worthless!

Amy, Allen, Will, and Maggie came up yesterday. You know, it just occurred to me, but I don't think I ever saw Allen. He was napping when I got over to Danny and Linda's, and he was still napping when I left. (A LOT of napping takes place at the lake. LOL) Maggie is growing like a weed, and she laughs ALL the time! Will has hit 7 home runs (I think...) this year, and he has been asked to play on a travel team! Way to go, Will!! I hate that we don't live closer so we can watch him play ball.

John put up our new hammock chair. We need another one so we can both have one. That will be my favorite place to sit from now on, especially on a rainy day with a good book.

The sun finally started to shine today, but we had to head home. I guess I could have stayed, but I didn't want to be left without a vehicle. I'm sure I'll be up for an extended stay soon. :)

We stopped by to see the Pates today. We had gotten Sam a life jacket to have at the lake, but they are going to the beach Wednesday, so we thought they might want to take it down there with them. He is walking all over the place, and he is SO happy, too! With the exception of Zac, all of Billie's great-grandkids have been very happy babies. Poor Zac cried over everything and nothing. He HAS outgrown that, though, and he's a pretty happy kid now.

John is standing here staring at me, reminding me that HE has to get up and go to work in the morning, so I gotta go. Poor guy!

Have a GREAT day!



2 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Glad you are home safe and had a good time inspite of the rain. It did definitely put a damper on weekend activities. Frank and I decided to forego graduation and went to the movies to see Night in a Museum 2. It was wonderful! If you get a chance go see it....way too cute. I was glad it was there...we left the house going to see the Terminator 2 (which I was not thrilled about)....but the other was there...so my sweet Frank gave in and went to my movie. I think we are going to see Angels and Demons in Auburn this weekend...I loved the book.

Debbie said...

Sorry it rained but it sure sounds like you had a great time.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!