10 August 2010

What period is it?

Day two of the new school year, and I feel like I could sleep until Christmas.  I know that the reason is because I'm just not used to getting up at 4:45 and going ALL day long, and I know that in a couple of weeks, I'll actually be able to stay awake later than 8 or 8:30 PM.  Until then, I just want to sleep.

It's hard to believe that this has been my 20th start to a school year.  I had one year at a private school and one semester in Walker County.  I'm starting my 18th year at Benjamin Russell.  Oh WOW!  (To quote Sam  LOL)  Suddenly, I feel like a veteran teacher.  I mean, I know I'm a veteran teacher, but for some reason that fact hit home as I was typing this.  Because of not being able to count the year of private school toward my retirement, and because I taught only one semester in Walker Co., my years toward retirement are only 17 1/2, but to be one of those teachers who can say she has taught almost 20 years suddenly blows my mind.  I'm not old enough to have taught that long.  hahaha

For the last, oh, 15 years, BRHS has been on a full four-block day.  This year, we are on a five-block day.  ALL DAY LONG I have been so confused.  When 3rd block is over, my brain tells me I should have only one class to go, but the clock says otherwise.  I keep saying 4th block when I mean 5th block.  We have also gone from 96 minute classes to 78 minute classes.  I am LOVING that so far, but it will take some getting used to.  We're already behind on notes.  Oh well...I'll figure it out. 

When I got home this afternoon, I sat down to watch the news.  It was all I could do to sit upright, so I decided I'd lie down on the bed.  HA.  Thirty minutes later, John came to see what I was doing and woke me up.  I've been up almost two hours now, but I'm about to go iron clothes for tomorrow and crawl back in bed.  I'm still trying to finish The Sound and the Fury, so I'll read a few pages and then close my weary eyes.

I hope y'all have a GREAT day tomorrow!  Sleep tight!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!