17 August 2010

So what to blog about?

Not a whole lot is going on here in the Vest household right now.  We get up, get ready, and go to work, and then when I get home, I do what HAS to be done and CRASH.  Sadly, the things that HAVE to be done haven't included much laundry or cleaning.  If we had company right now, I would be mortified.  It isn't that my house is filthy, but it looks like a tornado has blown through. 

Shoes are scattered all over the place.  Piles of laundry can be found in the bathroom and in the laundry room.  And there are two baskets of dirty clothes sitting in the hall.  The breakfast room table has several grocery bags sitting, waiting to be emptied.  I'm not a fanatic about having a spotless house.  I want people to feel like they can prop their feet (with or without shoes) up on the ottoman.  Kick you shoes off and tuck your feet up under you on the sofa.  BUT right now, I really don't want visitors.  I don't want anyone to see my house looking so unkempt.

We have our first high school football game Friday night.  It isn't actually one that "counts" on the season.  Last year, Mr. Reyes made the decision to assign each faculty member to work one game, and we'll do the same this year.  Originally, I wasn't scheduled to work Friday night, but one of the teachers who was supposed to work has to go to the volleyball game, so Mr. R asked if I would fill in.  I readily agreed.  Hopefully, it will be the only game I have to work.  It will be HOT, but I'd rather get it over with.  I'll be working in the main parking lot.  Should be fun.  LOL

Since I have to work the game, I won't be going to the lake, so on Saturday, I can get my butt in gear and get this house cleaned up.  If I don't, I may go crazy.  One of our bunco subs does housecleaning.  I'm seriously thinking of asking her if she would be interested in doing a really good housecleaning for me once a month.  The other weeks, I could do enough to keep the house from getting so messy.

I guess that's about it.  I need to go check the load of laundry in the washer.  My capris that I plan on wearing tomorrow are in that load, and I need to make sure I dry them and hang them up before I fall asleep.  I would have more than enough time to iron in the morning if I fell asleep before they were dried, but I hate ironing in the mornings. 

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!