12 August 2010

Kenny Chesney - The Boys of Fall

Susan sent me the link to this video yesterday.  After school, I sat at my computer to watch it.  I had chills.  I love the way it begins because the coach is telling his players exactly what I try to tell my students.  When he says "I would give anything tonight to jump into one of these uniforms with you guys", I know what he means.  Even though I have no real desire to relive my teenage years, there are many times when I would give anything to be able to sit in one of those desks at Oakman High School one more time.  I would give anything to know then how quickly life would go by.  I would love to go back so I could focus on TODAY.  I try so hard today to do just that.  I try to enjoy the moments I have, whether they seem important or not.

Today I showed the coach's speech to my students.  I wanted them to hear someone else say the same thing that I tried to say to them on Monday.  Now I want to share it with you.  Take a few minutes to watch this video.  Make sure you watch it all the way to the end, though.  Even if you aren't a Bama fan, you have to appreciate it.

Have a GREAT day!  Enjoy your TODAY.

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Wow...that is an awesome video. It makes me want to go back too...there are so many things I would do differently if I did.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!