24 February 2009

Will somebody shoot me...PLEASE?

Thanks for all of the well wishes yesterday!

I still feel horrible. The only improvement over yesterday is that my head no longer feels like someone has split it in two with an axe or whacked me across the eyes with a steel beam. However, my head is so stuffed that breathing through my nose is impossible, and my ears feel like cotton is stuffed in them. I'm just glad that my ears aren't hurting. And I still sound like a barking dog.
I went to work simply because it is easier to be there than it is to take a day off. In my classes, we went over the material they had to read yesterday, and then I gave them an independent assignment. The students are usually good about cooperating when they know we don't feel well.

The doctor did give me a prescription for a Z pack yesterday "just in case" I get worse. I haven't decided whether or not to have it filled. If this truly is a cold, taking an antibiotic won't do one bit of good, and it would just be money wasted. On the other hand, if it is a sinus infection, I'm sitting here suffering until I begin to actually blow green snot out of my nose when I could be taking something to help.

Like I said in my post yesterday, this doctor was NOT the one I really wanted to see, but the one I did want to see isn't seeing walk-ins this week. (They alternate weeks with walk-ins.) Had I known that ahead of time, I would have tried to make an appointment. I've seen this doc once before when I was having back spasms. I had dealt with those for about two weeks before I broke down and went to the doctor. She made me feel like the only reason I was there was for drugs. I am SO not one to take drugs just to take drugs. I don't even take stuff for headaches unless they are killer.

I certainly hope that this crud goes away...SOON! I'm not a very good sick person, am I Mom?

Have a GREAT day!


9 comments:

Julie D said...

I'm getting it. I'm not happy. Clearly it's your fault for breathing on me.

I'd beat you but I'm too damn tired. ;)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Bless your heart...and nose! I am sooooo sorry! I hope you are on the mend. And soon!
Hugs!

Ms. Marty said...

No, dear daughter, you would not win the Most Likeable Patient Award. You just never have dealt with feeling rotten. Come to think of it not too many people do. Get the Z-Pack filled. Dr. Bush once said that if you blew green it was an infection. So it turns out to be "only" a cold and you wasted money. It (the cold) could always turn into an infection. My mantra is better safe than sorry. Get better soon.

Unknown said...

I so hope you get to feeling better soon...I am not a very good sick person either

FRANKLY FRANK said...

Ok....so take the "Z" pack quite moaning and groaning and get back to life......(only kidding) I feel for you.....and remember PUFFS PLUS for the nose.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Poor dear. I am coming down with it too...so I know it is your fault. We can suffer together tomorrow. LOL....you know I don't do sick well either. I missed you today. Thanks for being my friend, checking on me...and being there....you are the best.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I'm finally starting to feel better. I hope for you it's just a cold too.

{{{{hugs}}}}

And my word verification is, are you ready?? trissnot

Get it? SNOT!!!

Fragrant Liar said...

Poor thing. Everybody is getting this crud. And it's kicking people's butts, and lasting for weeks! Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Oh Man you have what I have!! I feel like I am going to die!! *( I am a BIG baby!) I hope you get better soon!!! Did your DH get his pump yet?

BTW yes I do wish I could get into some's head. BLAH BLAH and BLAH!

hugs!

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!