06 July 2011

Fun-filled, but BUSY, holiday weekend and BABY NEWS!!!

We had a busy weekend at the lake, and as much fun as it was, I was glad when it was over.  :)  We got to the lake about 6 Friday evening.  After unloading and eating a sandwich, we went to Danny and Linda's to visit for a bit, and then we went back to our place and replaced the ceiling fan.  It's amazing how much better a new fan will work.  The one that was in there was only who knows how old.  It was loud, wonky, and didn't put out much air.

On Saturday, Misty and Mark came up, and then Jeremy, Amber, and Hunter came.  We got the boat out and took the kids (Jeremy and Mark were "kids" too...) tubing.  When they got worn out, we took the tube back and then just rode for a bit.  Then we just floated for a couple of hours.  Finally, John grilled burgers.  Yum!!  Jeremy and the kids left early evening.

We went to Susan and Tim's on Sunday for the day.  Talk about lazy...we didn't do much of anything except float.  Susan and I did take a ride on the SeaDoo, and then we came back and floated.  :)  It was the perfect kind of day...spending quality time with best friends, enjoying good food, and making fun memories.  The thing I love about hanging out with Susan and Tim is that it can be effortless.  We don't feel like we constantly have to "entertain" so we can enjoy ourselves so much more.

Misty and Mark got up Monday and left about 9.  We got out in the boat about 10:15 and headed over to Roger and Amy's.  I felt bad because almost literally did an eat and run, but it started looking REALLY nasty.  We hauled ass and made it back to our place in about 20-25 minutes.  We got into a little rain, but if we had waited five minutes more to leave, we'd have been soaked to the bone.  I honestly didn't care about getting wet.  I just didn't want the lightning to strike us.  After the rain stopped, we loaded the boat up and took it back to Arrowhead, and then we headed home.  Talk about depressing!  I think I'm going to seriously start praying for a job in that area to miraculously fall into John's lap. Even if I didn't find anything for me, I could live with making the drive every weekend.

Now, BABY NEWS!!!  Jess has been admitted into the hospital, and our sweet Layton will be here tomorrow!!!!  For a while, we weren't sure if it would be tonight or tomorrow.  The doctor wanted to check her labs before making a decision.  They came back good, so it will be tomorrow around 10:30.  I can't wait to see this precious new life.  Our family is being blessed with this new addition.

I guess that's it for now.  I'll be posting pictures of Layton as soon as possible.

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am so excited. Can't wait to see pictures. Sounds like your weekend was a fun one.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!