04 August 2009

Talk about inspirational!

Today was our system-wide day of meetings. Well, we actually had our first faculty meeting with Mr. Reyes, our new principal. I'm thinking it's gonna be a good year!

We had a terrific speaker this morning. Dr. Crystal Kuykendall, the author of From Rage to Hope and Dreaming of a P.H.A.T Century, spoke to us about expectations and how our expectations as teachers affect the way the students perform and behave, and that in turn affects our expectations. We are all supposed to be getting From Rage to Hope. I can't wait to read it!

Following lunch, all of the schools in the system met for about 45 minutes. Mrs. Waggoner, our superintendent, showed a short video from the Dallas ISD Convocation for 2010. The young man, an 11-year-old student, in the district gave a motivational talk. YOU NEED TO WATCH IT! It is awesome! Check it out.

OK--I have to run down to the sauna to make a few more copies; then I'm heading out. Have a GREAT day!

Love,

2 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I posted about Revive the Pride myself...what a day! I am so excited....BRING THE REVIVAL!

Unknown said...

I think we're all fired up, now, lol! And I'm hugging you with my eyes!! :)

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!