19 February 2008

Just 5 weeks!

It's so hard to believe that in just 5 weeks Sam could be here! To be specific, it's 4 weeks and 6 days. :) Katy went to the doctor today for an ultrasound to check his weight and position. He's at 5 pounds 10 ounces, which is about 4 ounces bigger than "normal" but with Phillip being such a tall guy, I don't think Sam will be tiny. I don't think he'll be huge, either. She also said he is head down. Yea! His little rump is in one set of ribs and his feet are in the other set. Oh, and she said he has HAIR. I'm hoping for lots of brown curly hair just like his momma and his Papa John.

I feel like I am probably the luckiest woman on the face of the earth. When I married John, I married the most wonderful man in the world. He is my best friend, my confidant, my support. Not only that, but I got the most wonderful daughters that anyone could ever hope to have. We have had the best relationship I could hope for. I have to admit that I did fear the whole step-parent/child relationship--thanks to all those fairy tales and stories. I read several books about step-relationships before John and I got married because I didn't want ours to be one of those horror stories. I wanted Katy and Jessi to know that I was always here for them anytime they needed me, but I never wanted to make them feel like I was trying to BE their mother. They have a great mom who loves them with all her heart. I just wanted to be a supplement to her. I feel like that has worked out pretty well. :) And now, I'm about to share one of the most special moments in a woman's life with Katy! She is going to be such a fantastic mom, and Phillip is going to be a terrific dad. Sam is going to be one lucky little boy!

I can't wait to share the same with Jessi. She says she's not having babies, but I do hope she'll change her mind. She will be an awesome mom. However, it is her choice, and I completely understand when a woman makes the decision not to have children. But she will be an AWESOME mom, so I'm not giving up hope. :)

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!