17 June 2011

Time spent with Mom

I've been meaning to do this post for a couple of days now, but this is the first time I have even turned on my computer since last week!  (THAT is quite unusual, too!)

Mom and I met Monday a little after 10 at Barnes & Noble at Patton Creek.  We looked around for a bit before walking over to Panera Bread for a quick lunch.  Once we finished with lunch, we headed to Ross Bridge for our spa appointments.  We each had a custom facial, and they were heavenly!  This was the 4th or 5th facial I've had, so I knew what to expect, but it was Mom's first one.  This was actually her first visit ever to a spa.  I think she enjoyed it.  :)

After our treatments, we sat and relaxed for a bit before heading out to do some playing.  We stopped by Home Goods and T. J. Maxx and browsed for a couple of hours.  By that time, it was right at 5:00, and our salads from lunch were long gone.  We took off to The Fish Market at the downtown location.  Oh my!  DE. LISH. US.!!  I had shark steak with Greek seasonings, a baked potato, and a Greek salad.  Mom had fried flounder, a baked potato, and a Greek salad.  She had enough fish for both of us.  I guess for a hungry man, it would have been just enough.  LOL  After dinner, we went back to the hotel and relaxed in our room.

Tuesday, we went over to the Shops at Grand River in Leeds just to see what was there.  We each did a little shopping--Mom got shoes, and I got a purse.  :)  (I would be safe in saying my love of shoes comes honestly.)  We also went over to Bass Pro Shops because I wanted to find a new set of wind chimes, and I knew they carry the particular brand I wanted.

By that time, it was almost 5, so we said our goodbyes and headed our separate ways, but we have decided that this will definitely be something we do again. 

She and Dad are coming up to the lake tomorrow so we can cook our for Father's Day.  This will be the most time she and I have spent together in a LONG time!  (Yet another very good reason for moving to the lake!!)

I enjoyed our time together so very much.  My mom is a wonderful person...so caring and compassionate!  I'm so very thankful that God matched us up. 

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!