18 March 2009

Yea! It's LAKE DAY!!!

Since it is almost 9 AM and I'm NOT in Birmingham with Misty and Susan, plans for today were obviously changed. John worked until 6 Monday night, and he thought he was going to have to work over last night, so he decided he was going to take off a little early today so we could be on the road earlier. He ended up getting home about 4:30 yesterday, but I think he's still planning on sneaking out early today, unless something major comes up.

I did go to Birmingham yesterday for Dad's biopsy. Mr. Grouchy Pants did well for the procedure, but they won't know the results until March 27. Please pray for the BEST results! I've posted before about how my dad has never really been sick, so the last year with three hospital visits and now this has been unsettling.

I called him Mr. Grouchy Pants because that's exactly what he was yesterday. LOL Dad is not the most patient of people in the world, and he is definitely an VERY impatient patient! :) It all started when they couldn't find a parking space in the VA Hospital parking deck. Mom ended up having to drop him off at the hospital and then parking in the public deck. Then she had to walk about four blocks to the hospital. The VA deck is about the same distance, but there is a shuttle that will drop them off. I got parked and to the hospital before Mom and Andi did. (Andi is a friend from church who has "adopted" Mom and Dad. She didn't think they needed to drive over there by themselves. I was really glad that Mom didn't have to walk from the parkign deck by herself.) I found Dad just as he was having to go downstairs for something. About 30 minutes later he was back in the waiting room, and then a couple of minutes later they called for him. He was finally finished up about 11:30. Mom, Andi, and I decided to go downstairs to get his prescription and travel voucher taken care of and to go get the car while he was in recovery. The problem was that he was finished in recovery and ready to go before we finished with all of that other stuff. He had to wait about 30 minutes, and THAT made him Mr. Grouchy Pants. hahahaha

I called Katy to see if they were home and if it would be okay for me to stop by for a bit. After all that at the VA, I had only about an hour from the time I got to Phillip and Katy's until I had to take my car to get the oil changed, but that's better than nothing. Sam was still up when I got there so we got to play for about 30 minutes before he showed signs that it was nap time. Then I visited with Katy and Phillip for about 30 more minutes.

When I got to the dealership, I found out it is time for my BIG service, so I ended up not getting my oil changed. I'm going to drop it off today on our way to the lake and then Kristen said she'd ride back with me on Monday to pick it up. I am on the "free tires and batteries for life" plan, so it's worth it to have to make another trip up Monday. I've already had one set of "free" tires.

Since I wasn't stuck waiting on my car, I called Susan to see if she wanted to meet for coffee. We sat at Starbucks for right at 2-1/2 hours. (I think it was Mary who took the picture of the no loitering sign at a coffee shop. What kind of coffee shop does that?? LOL) I miss not getting to spend the day with her and Misty today, but if John does take off early, we wouldn't have much time at all. Misty was going anyway, so I know she and Susan will have fun. :)

I need to head to the tanning bed and the grocery store and then come home and start packing. Bama is ready to go NOW. He knows that when I get the duffel bag out, we're taking a trip. Talk about impatient...

When we're at the lake, we don't have internet service, so this will be my last post of the week. I'll have lots of catching up to do when I get home. :)

I hope all of you have a GREAT week!

Love,

10 comments:

Ms. Marty said...

Have fun at the lake. It really meant a lot to me (and Dad) for you to be at the hospital yesterday. I know I was Miss Talk-a-lot, but I find I do that lately especially when I tend to be nervous. Yeah. I think Dad was Mr. Grouchy Pants yesterday, but to tell you the truth, I think he may be a bit concerned. Anyway, THANK YOU.
Have a terrific week end. Just think when you get back to school, you will be on the down hill slide. It always seemed like after spring break the days just melted away. For all of the teacher's, I hope that is true this year.
Love you bunches, as in bunches of pretty spring flowers.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have some fun at the lake and I'm praying that your dad's result come back normal. I can understand his grouchiness though. Who likes being in hospitals. Get some rest while away.

Susan said...

Thanks for visiting my blog... I appreciate the comments about my husband's ex and her "narcissistic" ways. Our therapist continues to help us understand that type of personality, yet it is impossible to rationalize and deal with. We take a day at a time, and have done good with learning to pick our battles. Only those that surround the happiness and welfare of the children are what we fight back on... We know it's a continued road, but at least we have each other to lean on! I'll keep visiting... and ps.. I LOVE VodkaMom!

Debbie Y. said...

Hope you dad gets good news. Hopefully the end of this week will be a good one for the lake visit.

Dawn said...

Have fun at the lake!!

Thanks for sharing what's going on in your world. I'll say a prayer for your daddy. =)

Glad you even got to do a little visiting.

Shay said...

I hope everything goes well for your dad and that you have a lovely rest of your spring break!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

You have a relaxing trip!
I will keep "Mr Gouchy Pants" in my prayers!

zuveena said...

WOW!!! great page...great blog...very interesting...

Julie D said...

Good morning! Just checking in and getting caught up on my blog reading! Happy Saturday!

Prayers going out for good results....

susette said...

I'm coming over from Blog Stalkers Unite, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight I believe. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspopt.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!