27 March 2009

John's pumped, I'm swamped, and we're all soaked

John got started on his insulin pump on Wednesday. So far, so good. Since then, his blood sugar has ranged from 98 to 166, so we're pretty happy with that. :) He has The Calorie King book, which will be great. We've already learned some things from it. For example, a Budweiser Select has fewer carbs (and calories) than a Bud Lite. LOL I hope this makes it easier for him all around. My biggest fear is that I'm going to snuggle up next to him one night and get tangled in the tubing and rip it out.

I'm already up to my knee caps in stuff with work, and we're just finishing the first week of the term. (ONLY 8 TO GO...) English teachers always seem to have tons of work, but the research really seems to get me bogged down faster than anything. I spent almost my entire planning period on both Monday and Tuesday either copying or organizing research packets for my seniors. And I still have to do them for my juniors. UGH...

I did get some very good and exciting news today, though. Every year the Kiwanis Club does a pancake breakfast with the proceeds going to The Alexander City Schools Education Foundation. The ACSEF then uses the money to provide technology to the schools. That is how the schools have gotten the laptops, LCD projectors, ELMOs, and big screens. Our superintendent asks teachers to buy or sell two tickets to the pancake breakfast. All employees who do so are then entered into a drawing to get a day off FREE--no charge to our sick leave balance. And I won for the high school!! I'll have April 13th off. Yea!!!!!

We have had so much rain since Wednesday. On my way to work yesterday, it was raining so hard I could barely see in places. I even had to wait for a few minutes before getting out of the car once I got to the school. (Of course my umbrella was right where it was supposed to be--in my classroom.) This is my term to have bus duty. My day is Thursday, and for the first two weeks, my location is in the PARKING LOT. I had already made up my mind that I was not going out in the lightning, but by the time I got out there, that part had stopped. Coach Goggans doesn't make us actually go out into the parking lot, either, which is really nice on a day like yesterday. It has rained most all day today, too. It's just so gloomy. Makes me want to be home in my comfy jammy pants and a ratty T-shirt.

That's it for now. I hope you have a GREAT (rainy) day.

6 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Congrats on winning the day off for the high school. The aspirin kicked in and I think I may live....can't wait for the weekend. I will be glad when this day is over.....heck...this week. Have a great weekend. See you Monday...bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Have a grrrreeat weekend!!

Tracy said...

Yeaaa for winning the day off, I know you'll really enjoy that.

Hate it's another rainy there for you today. I have been shocked today that the weather has been really pretty here all day. We do have some clouds in the sky but for the most part it has been sunny all day. I think Sat. morning around 3 or 4 am we're supposed to have severe storms move through. ughhh!

John Deere Mom said...

The free day off? The most exciting thing ever! That is awesome. Congrats and I hope you spend your day all on you!!

Debbie said...

Congrats on your free day off! Every teacher could use one this time of year:)

Julie D said...

Happy Saturday! I'm here trying to get caught up on my blog reading....

Yea for a day off! Congrats!!!! Hope things dry up there for you, though...

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!