13 March 2012

Shoot me...

Once this project is over, if you see or hear of me going anywhere near a home improvement store for anything, tie me up and lock me in a closet until the urge to redecorate/remodel/renovate passes.

We got the plumbing for the sink done last night.  WOO HOO!! So we decided to dry fit the toilet.  Uh...oh crap!!  The new toilet was a good six inches away from the wall.  That was not going to work.  John had decided to call a plumber and have a new line done, so I went and had a seat.  Not much else I could do.  After about ten minutes, he told me to "come look."  He had turned the toilet so that it faced the tub instead of facing the sink.  And it worked with the drain that is already there.  So that's what we're going to do.  (If anyone else doesn't like it, tough shit.  No pun intended.)  Now, he just needs to run a new water line that will go behind the toilet instead of sticking out of the wall.  Yeah, that sounds easier than it probably will be.

Oh, and because we're turning the toilet, the sink we bought is actually going to be TOO small.  I guess it would work, but it would look weird, so we're on the hunt for a new sink.  I found one I liked at the same place we got the other one, but they don't have it in stock in biscuit. Of course not.  That would be too hassle free.  Home Depot has one we can order that I like, but I'm not sure John will like it.  I actually found three I like.  Surely, ONE of those will be one he likes too.

This will be SO worth it when we finish, but yeah, I'm about over it for now.  Painting the bedroom this summer?  Not no, but hellllllllllllllllllllllll no.

Have a GREAT day.

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!