10 September 2010

TGIF!

I don't know what it is about a short week when I'm off work on Monday, but those weeks seem to last FOR. EV. ER.  I dread them like the plague, but I'm certainly not going to turn down a day off on a Monday.  LOL  However, I much prefer to have Fridays off. 

At least is if finally Friday, and it should be a fun weekend.  Like I said in my last post, we're going to hang out with Susan, Tim, Kayla, Blake, and Beth at the condo before the game.  I made redneck caviar (or maybe you call it Texas caviar) and corn dip. I hope they're edible.  If they aren't, my feelings won't be hurt if no one eats them.  My skin is tougher than that. 

As game time gets closer, I'm getting more and more nervous and excited.  I posted about Coach Paterno in the last post, but I failed to mention that Coach Bobby Bowden will be at the game as well.  According to Tony Barnhart, this will be the first time Coach Bowden has been to Bryant-Denny as a fan since he was being recruited in the 40s.  How awesome is it that two of college footballs icons will be at the game?  I hope they do something special, and I'm really hoping there will be flyover.

Tomorrow is also the anniversary of 9/11, so I'm expecting some kind of tribute to the men and women who lost their lives on that horrible day.  I will never forget when that happened.  All college football games for that weekend were postponed, and the next week was a home game for Bama.  I cried through the entire National Anthem.  If there is a tribute, I'll cry again tomorrow.

I need to get busy.  I haven't decided what I want to wear tomorrow, so I need to take care of that.

Have a GREAT weekend, and

ROLL TIDE!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady, First lemme say thanks for stopping by and visiting lately. I truly appreciate it. I too prefer a Friday off and believe me when I woke up this morning I was yearning for it to be Saturday just so I wouldn't have to get up.

Our first game is this Sunday and I'm excited. Now explain to me what Redneck Cavier is. That totaly had me cracking up.

Concrete Contractors Joliet said...

Very nice blog you have hhere

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!