08 September 2010

Excitement!

OK...so maybe all I seem to talk about during this time of the year is football, but I can't help it.  I looooovvvveeee football season.  Some of my guys were talking to me at the end of last week about the games for the weekend.  I made a comment about how much I love the game, and one of them said, "That's so cool." 

The game this week is a big one for us.  We'll be playing Penn State, and I don't expect it to be a walk in the park because the Nittany Lions will be fired up and ready.  This will be the first time the two teams have met since 1990 and the 14th time overall.  Yes, this home and home series was supposed to have been played about five years ago, but that was during the time that Bama was struggling so badly, so Coach Moore and the Penn State AD postponed it until this year and next year.  Even though we took tons of grief for that decision, you have to admit that it was probably a good thing.  The game back then wouldn't have been much of a game at all.  We would have had our crimson butts handed to us on a blue platter.  (Some people would be thrilled by that...)  The games that Bama and Penn State have played in the past have all been classics.  This series is often described as one of the greatest rivalries in college football.  In all 13 of the previous meetings, Coach Joe Paterno has been on the sidelines.  Considering that the first game between these two powerhouses was at the Liberty Bowl in 1959, that is quite an accomplishment.

Many people speculate that this could be Coach Paterno's last year as the Penn State coach.  I hope it isn't.  I would love for him to be prowling the sidelines next September when the Tide makes the trip to Happy Valley.

We're going to hang out with the Kings Saturday at the condo.  I'm going to take redneck caviar and corn dip.  I wanted to get Jessi's recipe for it because her dips are SOOOOO good.  I've had others, but there is just something about Jess's that I like better than any other.  But Jess and Katy have enough on their plates without worrying about getting me a couple of recipes.  Anytime the phone rings or a text message comes through, I expect it to be one of them telling us that Roy, their step-dad, has lost his battle with cancer.  So I'll google the recipes.

I've got to go iron and get to bed.  Have a GREAT day!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Roll Tide!!!! I'm so excited about this big game, can hardly wait!

Tonight is the Ms State vs Auburn game. Booooooooo!
We're gonna be cheering for Auburn here at my house. We live maybe 30 minutes from MS State and the fans around here, UGHHHH! I feel that way about Ole Miss fans too. They all seem to have bad attitudes and that really makes me dislike their teams.

Roll Tide Roll and hope y'all have a great time in Tuscaloosa Saturday.

Tracy :)

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am excited about the game too...but because Joe and Bobby will be in the house together...how cool is that. My niece and her hubby will be there too and Ramona is so excited she will pop. Check out this website if you like bread pudding....it is from Sandy at Whistlestop Cafe.
http://whistlestopcooking.blogspot.com/2010/09/bread-pudding-with-special-sauce.html

Unknown said...

hi stranger! just wanted to say hello! Oh and BOomer. Sooner ;-) hehe

Trina

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!