07 January 2010

I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

That's one of those sayings I've heard all my life, but I've never really used it. Until now. I guess the only other time that it would have really been accurate was on my wedding day.

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know I am an avid (almost rabid) Alabama fan. If you just LOOKED at my blog page and know anything about Alabama's history, you were probably able to figure out that I'm a Bama fan. I try really hard not to be one of those in-your-face obnoxious fans. (I prefer a subtle obnoxiousness.) When Bama wins, I don't brag and rub it in the faces of friends who are fans of the team we beat. (I just wear something crimson and/or houndstooth.) Generally, I won't say anything unless someone else mentions it first. Sure, there are teams that I don't like (Auburn, Tennessee), and I really love to see them lose, but most people who are dyed-in-the-wool fans are that way.

We live about 20 miles from Auburn, so the majority of the people around are Auburn fans. One of my co-workers/friends came up to me today with her Auburn sweatshirt on. Just so happens that her shirt was burnt orange...Texas burnt orange. She told me that she didn't care. She could not and would not pull for Bama, National Championship game or not. Her entire family are dyed-in-the-wool, and they'll love it if Bama loses tonight. One of her daughters refuses to buy anything that is houndstooth. (I understand because I refuse to buy orange. If I do, it in NO WAY is even close to Auburn, Tennessee, or Florida orange.) That's just the way it is.

So, tonight is THE game. The game that Bama fans have hungered for. It has been 17 years since our last national champions title, and I desperately hope we can add one more tonight. Do I believe Bama will win? Sure do. That's another thing about a true fan. A true fan will believe that his or her team will win every game, every year. There were several long, lean years for Bama, but I always believed that we would find a way to pull it out when we were behind, unless, of course, the score was 42-3 going into the 4th quarter. During those years, I never failed to show my support. I continued to wear my crimson with pride. And if by some chance Bama loses tonight, I will still wear my Bama shirt tomorrow.

My thoughts about the game: I think Bama's D will dominate. I think they will be in Colt McCoy's face all. night. long. I think G-Mac will be spot on. I think Javy is going to set the NCAA record for punt return yards. I think Julio will have his break out game. I think Ro is going to show the pro scouts that he is worthy of a first-round draft pick (although I will really hate to see him go.) I think Mark will show that he is deserving of the Heisman trophy. And I really want to see Mount Cody have him a nice little McCoy sandwich. :) I think Bama will win.

Still about three and a half hours until kickoff. The last 32 days have flown by, and now that it's game day, the hours are dragging. This is worse than waiting on Christmas day when I was a kid. :) Maybe if I go get busy, it will help.

Hope you have a GREAT night, and

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!