I've seen this on several other blogs, so I decided I'd list my ten summer favorites.
1. Sleeping late -- I love being able to roll over and go back to sleep after John gets up. Heck, the last few mornings, I haven't even realized he had gotten up.
2. Popsicles!!! -- Yeah, I can eat Popsicles all year long, but there is just something about that cold, frozen treat that means summertime!
3. The smell of freshly cut grass -- So clean and so refreshing!
4. Wasting my days at the lake -- I love taking a good book, my iPod, and a cooler of water to the pier and just relaxing. When it gets too hot, I'll take a quick dip.
5. Taking a nice cool shower at the end of a hot day -- Whether it is after working in the yard or hanging out at the lake, taking a shower afterwards is so nice.
6. Grilling out -- We grill out year round, but I love it more in the summer. I enjoy sitting out with John, having an adult beverage, smelling whatever is cooking. Oh, and it HAS to be a charcoal fire. Cooking on a gas grill is NOT the same!
7. Flip flops and pedicures -- I will admit I probably spend way more than I should on pedicures. I get them every other week most of the time. I love having a fresh pedi with some cute flops.
8. Reading -- Yes, I read at times other than summer, but during the summer I don't feel guilty because I really SHOULD be grading those essays instead of finishing up this chapter.
9. "REAL" sun -- I am addicted to the sun. I love the way it feels on my skin; I love the way my skin looks with a tan. I start going to the tanning bed in March each year, but there is something about getting a tan with the actual sun that I love.
10. Not having to dress up every day -- OK, you're right...I'm not a "dressy" person anyway, but I do have to put on something other than athletic shorts and T-shirts during the school year. During the summer, about the dressiest I get is a pair of cute capris and a top.
So, those are my ten summertime favorites. How 'bout yours?
Have a GREAT day!
Wednesday Hodge Podge Throw Down
1 day ago