11 June 2009

10 Things I Love About Summer

I've seen this on several other blogs, so I decided I'd list my ten summer favorites.



1. Sleeping late -- I love being able to roll over and go back to sleep after John gets up. Heck, the last few mornings, I haven't even realized he had gotten up.



2. Popsicles!!! -- Yeah, I can eat Popsicles all year long, but there is just something about that cold, frozen treat that means summertime!



3. The smell of freshly cut grass -- So clean and so refreshing!



4. Wasting my days at the lake -- I love taking a good book, my iPod, and a cooler of water to the pier and just relaxing. When it gets too hot, I'll take a quick dip.



5. Taking a nice cool shower at the end of a hot day -- Whether it is after working in the yard or hanging out at the lake, taking a shower afterwards is so nice.



6. Grilling out -- We grill out year round, but I love it more in the summer. I enjoy sitting out with John, having an adult beverage, smelling whatever is cooking. Oh, and it HAS to be a charcoal fire. Cooking on a gas grill is NOT the same!



7. Flip flops and pedicures -- I will admit I probably spend way more than I should on pedicures. I get them every other week most of the time. I love having a fresh pedi with some cute flops.



8. Reading -- Yes, I read at times other than summer, but during the summer I don't feel guilty because I really SHOULD be grading those essays instead of finishing up this chapter.



9. "REAL" sun -- I am addicted to the sun. I love the way it feels on my skin; I love the way my skin looks with a tan. I start going to the tanning bed in March each year, but there is something about getting a tan with the actual sun that I love.

10. Not having to dress up every day -- OK, you're right...I'm not a "dressy" person anyway, but I do have to put on something other than athletic shorts and T-shirts during the school year. During the summer, about the dressiest I get is a pair of cute capris and a top.

So, those are my ten summertime favorites. How 'bout yours?

Have a GREAT day!

Love, Trina

2 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

1. Sleeping late is my fave. However, this year, I have to work...all through summer. Which really really sucks.
2. I could eat creamsicles every day of summer. I'm sure there is some nutritional benefits to them...
3. Yup!! Love that smell.
4. Nothing better than doing nothing, and not feeling guilty about it in the least.
5. Sweating like a little piggy and then having a cool shower has got to be the best. However, the way our summer's going, doesn't look like I'll be needing any cool showers.... :o(
6.We have a BBQ, but hardly use it. I think if we got a deck finally built in the back, we would.
7.Not loving the pedicures, but I love flip flops.
8. Spending the day reading has got to be one of my favourite guilty pleasures.
9.Can't live without the real thing. It's rejuvenating.
10. That's what I love about weekends, not dressing up. Best thing there is.

John Deere Mom said...

I agree completely! Love the fresh grass smell and grilling!! Well, not the smell of grass grilling...just grilling food. :)

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!