21 April 2009

Fun times with old friends

John and I left Friday about 1:00 headed to Hartselle for the Morgan County High School 70s Decade Reunion. We got to his mom’s and freshened up before heading over to the stadium for a meet and greet. John got to see people that he hasn’t seen in years, as well as friends we see several times a year. Anytime he introduced me to someone, I would be asked one of two questions: 1. “Have you heard all the stories about him?” (I’ve heard a few, but I’m sure there are one or two dozens I haven’t heard, and there wouldn’t have been time enough to tell them all in one weekend. LOL) 2. “Is there every a dull moment at your house?” (Nope, not ever! John has one of the best senses of humor, and he is always doing something goofy to make me laugh.) No matter what, though, everyone went on to tell me what a great guy John is. It really makes me proud to know that the man I love--the man who is my best friend--is so well liked and respected by others. I have never known of anyone who didn’t like and respect him.

We hung around the ball field until a little after 9, and then we had to make a stop at Wal-Mart. (This is off the subject, but I really do not like going to Wal-Mart—any Wal-Mart. The one in Alex City is currently undergoing a remodel, and I can’t find ANYTHING!) Anyway, John needed to pick up shotgun shells because he and some of the guys were going skeet shooting on Saturday.

Saturday morning, we got up around 8. We had picked up cinnamon rolls at Wal-Mart, but Billie wanted a biscuit from Hardee’s, so John ran to get one for her. Connie, Zac, and I enjoyed the cinnamon rolls. John left about 10 to go meet Doug and the Marks T and H to go shoot skeet. Guess what I got to do all day? I graded note cards! Yuck. I finally finished about 4, and he got home about 10 minutes later. (The rough drafts are the next thing on the agenda for research grading.)

For Saturday night, there was a planned program. A representative from each of the 10 classes spoke, the current high school show choir performed—they were AWESOME!—and there were class pictures made (and of course, John didn’t order one.) We saw a few more people Saturday that we didn’t see Friday. There were a few other people that he was hoping he would have seen, but they didn’t show up. I was kind of interested in seeing John’s high school sweet heart, but she wasn’t there either.

Sunday we left Hartselle around 1:00 so we could run by the lake on our way home. After the gravity wave that blew through last Monday, we wanted to check to make sure we didn’t have any damage. There was a tree that had blown down across the road, but someone had already cut it up. We had nothing out of place at the trailer, thankfully! We sat on the porch for a bit before heading up the hill and home.

Just as we started into Birmingham, John had me call Katy to see what they were doing and to see if we could stop by for a bit. Phillip was working—spring training has started. It started getting stormy about the time we got there, so we stayed until it had passed through and we would be behind it on our way home. Plus, it meant more time to spend with Katy and Sam. :) Sam is toddling about so well. Jessi had told us he started taking a step or two Easter. He’s pretty much got it down pat now. He still gets a little wobbly at times, but once he gets going, he’s got it. He almost stood up on his own without having anything to pull up with. He’ll have that skill mastered before long. Phillip got there just before we left, so we did get to see him for a few minutes. We didn’t get home until about 10, and after being up late both Friday and Saturday nights, I was exhausted! I crawled in bed and crashed. John said he heard it hailing about 1 AM, but I never heard a thing.

I guess that’s about it for now. I’ve got a few things to do before I call it a night.

Have a GREAT day!!

****I was having technological difficulties with the laptop last night, so I couldn’t post this. Today is a MAJOR test day for my seniors, so while they are testing away, I saved this to my flash drive, went to the desktop, and finally got it posted. I love technology, but not when it doesn’t work like it should. I guess I’ll be emailing our IT guy. Again.


Debbie Y. said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. I have never participated in any of the reunions for my high school, but the next one they plan I am going to be there.

Glad the storms didn't cause any damage to your property. I was in Bham over the weekend and it was a little hairy.

To top it all off I heard this morning Bibb County had an earthquake that could be felt north into Bham and surrounding areas (3.8 on the Richter scale).

Debbie said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I'm very happy for you!

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!