17 March 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival, here we come!

Susan, Tim, John, and I are leaving tomorrow about 10 or so to go to Macon, GA, for the Cherry Blossom Festival.  I.  Cannot.  Wait.  The idea for a trip to Macon happened a couple of months ago.  Susan said they'd seen a segment on the Allman Brothers Museum on CBS Sunday (or whatever it's called) and thought it would be a fun trip.  John and I agreed, so we started making plans.  I'm not sure if Susan and Tim already knew about the Cherry Blossom Festival, or if they found out about it after looking up the museum, but we decided we'd make our trip this weekend, which is the opening weekend of the festival.
We're getting up in the morning and taking the pups to Southern Star Farms for their vacaction (which they won't like, especially on Monday when they get baths and toenails cut...) and then Susan and Tim are swinging by the house to pick us up. 

We really don't have a set agenda, except to go to the Allman Brothers Museum.  That was the whole reason behind the trip anyway.  Tomorrow night will be a concert by the ABB tribute band, so I know we'll go to that, and Saturday is a bike show at the park, and I'm sure we'll go to that.  Even though we no longer have Harleys, we'll always be bikers at heart.  :)  I've seen a couple of other things I'd like to do and see, but honestly, I'm looking forward to the time spent with Susan and Tim as much as anything.

I have my camera on my list of things to pack, so hopefully I can get some good pictures to post next week.  Right now, though, I need to close this post and head to Wal-Mart.  Then I need to go pack!  Woo Hoo!

Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT weekend!  I know I will!  :)



No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!