26 January 2011

Yoga

I've started taking a yoga class.

So far, I am loving it!  Of course, today was only the second class, so it's still early, but I honestly felt like I could tell a difference from Monday.  I'm still not getting into the poses perfectly the first time, and I still don't have enough strength to hold them for an extended length of time, but I felt more comfortable with what I'm doing.

The classes are at the school, right after school, so I don't have any excuse for not going.  Our teacher, Whitney, is a former BRHS student.  She's been doing yoga since her sophomore year in college, but a couple of years ago she decided to "dive head first" (her words) into her practice and started teaching.  Emily (one of the science teachers) asked her about doing classes at the school if there was enough interest.  We've had only five people for each of the classes, but several others are planning on starting next week. 

I'll admit that I was hesitant.  I've never done anything yoga related before, and my knowledge of it was practically nil.  Anytime I've ever thought about yoga, I've thought about those people who sit around Indian style (ooops...so not PC) and go "oooohhhhhmmmmm."  You know...those hippie people from the 70s who were trying to get in touch with themselves.  LOL  Over the last few years, I've had friends who have done yoga and have talked about it.  I still didn't know much, but I did learn that there is more to it that sitting around Ind...I mean "criss cross applesauce" and chanting.  BUT I still didn't know jack squat about it.  And I still don't.  Much to my dismay, two classes does not an expert make.  hahahahaha

After class Monday, I came home and got nice and comfy on the couch so I could get some school work done.  An hour or so later I stood up.  Ow!  I could really tell that I had done something.  My legs, my shoulders, and my abs were sore.  Yesterday wasn't much better, but today was.  Until now.  Hopefully, I'll begin to tone up some.  :)

So that's it for today!  I hope you have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am looking forward to starting on Monday. Hopefully I will feel better than I have this week.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!